Tiffypowers79

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, in my game, I'd like to have the player collect items from battles. Said items could then be sold to someone for a fixed fee each time. Let's say it's 100g per item, if they had two, it'd be 200g. Is there a way to do this without any plugins?

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easiest way would be to make the items cost 200g, which would mean they can be sold for 100g at any shop by default.

If you want to make it into a event, you could do it with variables.

Control Variables -> Game Data -> Item -> Select the item in question to get the total amount

Then you multiply that same variable by 100.

Then you add party gold by the amount of the variable.

Then you remove all items of that type from the inventory.

Last edited:

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Through events you could achieve this with a variable that stores the item you want (a variable created based on this, stores the ID of the item and the quantity you have at the moment), followed by as many conditions as you need. Example: If you have 5 of "x" item, the condition is checked, and "oh, I see you have 5 of "x"... , take 500 gold".

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course - that is basic eventing.

to be more precise, you can use control variable - game data section to check how many items the player has, then multiply that with the gold amount by another control variable command and then reduce the items and add the gold

edit: ninja'd

Tiffypowers79

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much, y'all. I understand how to do it now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pasted