[RMMV][Yanfly] Position Issue with State Icons

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by BlueZircon, Dec 21, 2018.

1. BlueZircon

BlueZircon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I recently went and updated my project with many of Yanfly's plugins, including Buffs and States Core.

Here are some of my relevant plugin versions:
    - Yanfly Core v1.31
    - Yanfly Battle Engine Core v1.49
    - Yanfly Animated SV Enemies v1.19
    - Yanfly Battle System STB v1.05
    - Yanfly Buffs and States v1.16
    - Yanfly Visual State Effects v1.02

All of the Yanfly plugins are ordered similarly to the order that the plugins are listed on the Yanfly website.

After the addition of the Yanfly plugins, I noticed that the state icons for the party battlers were being drawn too low (they overlap with the battler legs). The enemy state icons, however, are perfectly positioned.

I initially thought this may have been a result of me switching from the default 816x624 resolution to 1440x900, but when I revert the resolution back to the default, the issue persists.

When I turn the Buffs and States Core plugin off, the state icons disappear entirely.

I did not find any resolutions through online searches. I did find a few issues that appeared similar to this, but the provided resolutions either did not work or were not detailed enough to follow.

There are plugin notetags that allows positioning adjustments to be made for certain aspects of the enemy state icons, but not the party state icons (to my knowledge).

I am a programmer myself with some javascript experience, so I tried my hand at looking through the plugin scripts in an effort to identify the problem. It's possible for me to fix the party state icons by changing the base Y anchor in rpg_sprites.js, but that causes an equivalent offset on the enemy state icons, which just flips the issue. It appears that there is a location in the code where an extra offset is being applied to the party state icons, but I was not able to find such a location if it exists.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was hoping that maybe some additional brainstormers could help me find a solution.

Fornoreason1000 likes this.
  2. Grunwave

Grunwave Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Had a similar issue and have not found a solution yet. If I find something, will post it here.

3. BlueZircon

BlueZircon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I deployed the Action Sequences Pack II to resolve a dependency issue with another plugin, and the party state icons now appear where they should.

So it appears that this issue was caused by a missing plugin.