Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I'm using ClassChangeCore to allow my actors to level up and unlock new classes once they reach level 10 (the max level for every class) with their current class. The new class unlocks just fine, but when I switch to the new class, the previous class doesn't show the correct "level 10" anymore... the level number actually recycles back down to a lower number, based on how much extra experience would have "spilled over" into a new cycle (starting back at level 1). I want to remove this "spillover" experience, so that my completed classes actually say "level 10" and stop at level 10, instead of showing some lower level number based on the spillover.

I have some pictures attached to explain this issue, and I'm quite sure it's specific to how ClassChangeCore works because I've already tried the following options and none of these have worked:

-Tinkering with all the settings of ClassChangeCore;
-Rechecking and turning off all other plug-ins, to confirm no interference from other plug-ins or anywhere else;
-Checking to see if it had anything to do with how the experience was gained or how experience growth is formatted (it doesn't... this spillover issue occurs whether I'm using the original experience curves that RMMV provides, or plug-ins like Yanfly's BaseParamControl / X_ClassBaseParam or Hime's ExpTables... none of these solve the spillover problem);
-Checking to see how the level limit is acquired, and if there's a way to stop gaining experience at precisely the moment the maximum level is reached (through given RMMV database information or additional plug-ins like Maliki's MaxLevel... none of these have solved the spillover problem either);
-Creating a brand new, clean project where no adjustments have been made except for the inclusion of classes through ClassChangeCore (...same spillover problem).

Any ideas how I can keep my classes completed so that all of them show the correct "level 10"? Attached pictures (1) and (2) show what I'm referring to in more detail, and the recycled LV3 can actually increase to LV4 or LV5 if I gain more experience as a Recruit and then switch to a different class. Picture (CCC) is my ClassChangeCore settings.

Attachments

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Isn't this the same issue you posted about yesterday?

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is very similar, but the title and a few things in there are inaccurate upon further research... it's not because of Hime's plug-in or anything like that so I wouldn't mind if a moderator closed the other topic! :) Sorry for the confusion.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have access to Class Change Core unfortunately so I can't look into it.

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have access to Class Change Core unfortunately so I can't look into it.
I appreciate you reading my query anyway! I ran even more tests and ended up with more inconsistencies within classes and levels. I've attached another picture of that right here.

Attachments

DarkPlasmaBall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been tinkering with different settings over the past few days, and I've discovered that having (or not having) a max level doesn't matter; switching classes from an old class to a newly unlocked class always messes with the level of the older class. All I want is the old class level to not change. Here's a one-minute video that outlines the issue:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe the problem was that the levels were calculated using the current class's exp curve.

I edited my plugin to fix the issue.
Redownload it and see if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omniheirus