Mogry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Forword

I am activating my newbie-card ! Hope I'm in the correct forum section! Have mercy with me mods if not.. :kaoswt:
Used the search before but all results actually tried to archive my problem, haha!

What is the problem?

Pretty simple actually! The game zooms out on its own after an area change ? o.o

-no plug-ins installed
- no script created
- bone stock maker

Example:

Example-1-from-Mogry.png

This is the very first screen. Simple stuff in a 13x9 area...
Character moves up the ladder and this stuff happens:

Example-2-from-Mogry.png

Nani the F ? :kaomad2:

So the entire area expands by itself 2 tiles per axis in every direction and zooms out by itself.
Is this just a parallax error or what..? It should be 13x9 like the first area... So confusing.

What is running in the background?

1) a single event on game start in auto-run (which remains active)

2) The event to change area (which was the name in the older maker) was in my case now "player transfer"
(would've used teleport but that's gone I guess)

3) Map 2 (the zoomed-out one) has a parallel running BG "Dark Clouds"

I hope I didn't forget anything...

To work around this problem I used the "GALVs script for zooming" and enhanced it by factor 1.5.

Any ideas would be appreciated !
Hope it was nothing too obvious. Have mercy I'm new to this maker haha.

Best regards,
Mogry

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maps should not be smaller than your game resolution. Otherwise you'll run into errors like these.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

Tech Support is when you have troubles with the editor.

The default map size is 17 x 13 and the window size is 816 x 624. So if your map is 13 x 9 you have already reduced it so it won't fill the default window size. But it looks like you've also enlarged your window, which is compounding the problem.

If, as above, your map size is not big enough to fit the window size, it will center the map in the window and fill the areas in the borders. You may just not notice it in the top image because when there is no parallax, the background is black.

You have also maximized the window to make it fill your monitor, which also does weird things (like the black bars at the side). This has nothing to do with MZ and depends entirely on your graphics card and what scaling settings you have.

Mogry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much @Jules98 & @Shaz !

I suspected the size as the cause before but ruled it out ultimately because it still added 2 tiles in all direction so I immediately gave up. :rolleyes: Should've tried harder.
But it is exactly like you said... I got fooled by the 1st area (because it was black).

The more you now, right?

Again thanks to all of you!

Neareyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In case you didn't fixed it yet:
You can increase the map size to the default one and add black (or transparent) tiles to the borders.

Mogry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks.

I already implemented the necessary steps mentioned by @Shaz and went from 13 x 9 to the default size 17 x 13. :thumbsup-right:

I left Map 1 as is because it was indoors anyway and I think the black space adds "charm" to it, haha!

So I guess that's a wrap. Thread can be closed now.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlintheToilet