Kage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Everyone,

I'm noticing on the internet that people have really amazing and visually exciting Battle Systems in their games. Mainly having larger battlers and more frames per animation for example when casting spells. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere tutorials on how to implement that into my game. I'm guessing it requires specific plug-ins.

The best example for visual reference of what I am trying to achieve would be battlers and their animations from epic seven
1632094839916.png
or Crossing Void
1632095020404.png

Mind you both are gatcha mobile games which I really, really hate and I am against gatcha games but both are visually stunning.

Can someone please direct me to some tutorials on how to add custom-size battlers with extra animations?

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just made this! Let me know if its helpful. Right now, the only method I know of is using Dragonbones to create more complicated motions, then using a plugin like Dragonbones Union. I'm sure something more straightforward will come around, but this is a pretty versatile solution.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The best example for visual reference of what I am trying to achieve would be battlers and their animations from epic seven or Crossing Void
I did a quick search and I don't see anything that states those games were made with RPG Maker. So why presume that you can reproduce them using RPG Maker?

(I'm not saying you can't achieve something similar in some ways, but you might as well say you saw cool first-person, 3D-rendered weapon graphics in Doom, how would you achieve that in RPG Maker?)

Kage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just made this! Let me know if its helpful. Right now, the only method I know of is using Dragonbones to create more complicated motions, then using a plugin like Dragonbones Union. I'm sure something more straightforward will come around, but this is a pretty versatile solution.

Thank you.
This might just work. I'll have to check it out and see if it works but from the look of your video it's very close to what I need.

I did a quick search and I don't see anything that states those games were made with RPG Maker. So why presume that you can reproduce them using RPG Maker?

(I'm not saying you can't achieve something similar in some ways, but you might as well say you saw cool first-person, 3D-rendered weapon graphics in Doom, how would you achieve that in RPG Maker?)
Of course not. I am not expecting to achieve exactly same results. The examples that I'm showcasing it's just for look and feel from mobile games as an inspiration. I should probably use examples that were made in rpg maker. I think I have seen vibrato08 on youtube that creates amazing animated rpg maker battles but in rpg maker MV. I'm looking for plug-ins and tutorials that can achieve that but for MZ.
Bottom line is, I would like my battlers to be bigger and have more animation frames. I have seen others achieving that and I just don't have a clue how.
I enjoy quick and very flashy turn based battles with amazing arts. I would like to elevate my game to the next level using rpg maker and my own art.

AkraticHuman

Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you.
This might just work. I'll have to check it out and see if it works but from the look of your video it's very close to what I need.
Wonderful! If you run into any problems or things missing in the video, let me know! I’d love to see what you make using it at some point.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia