Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone,
I've been having some issues with random floor tiles being impassable. The tiles are homogenous(used flood fill/rectangle), there's nothing on any other layers, and some of the tiles are working. But some of them behave as though they're impassable. Deleting/replacing the tile, or even the whole map doesn't fix the issue. Sometimes I can solve the issue by moving up a layer and placing the same tile, but that isn't the greatest fix and it sometimes doesn't work. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, have you found any solutions?
Thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please give us the following:

A screenshot of your map, circling some of the tiles that have this issue
A screenshot of your Tilesets tab, with the correct A-E tab selected and the Passages setting selected, circling the same tiles you've highlighted in the map
A screenshot of your plugin manager

Some of these might take a couple of screenshots

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have had this issue and it is because of MZ's layering map system. I put down a tile on a layer, change my mind and erase it with a blank tile, and then later have passability issues. The mistake I've made is not checking the passability of the tile I used to erase. My solution is to use a blank tile I know is the correct setting I need for that tile, and go through each layer (aside from the one that has the ground tile I want on it), painting the trouble spot with that blank tile on each layer. (I hope that makes sense.)

It's frustrating, but it's made me more cautious of erasing tiles and also to have a couple of dedicated blank tiles, one with O passability, one with X, for these situations. If there is some better solution that I'm missing, I'd love to hear it!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The top left B tile is the "designated" erase tile. If you remove a tile, that is the one you should use to remove it. This is the case in all versions of RPG Maker from VX and later.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might also check on regions. Every now and then I'll move stuff that I was using regions for passability modification, and would forget to fix the regions. If you're not using regions to lock down tiles, then please ignore me :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The top left B tile is the "designated" erase tile. If you remove a tile, that is the one you should use to remove it. This is the case in all versions of RPG Maker from VX and later.
I thought that had changed with MV. Nevertheless, it may still be this person's issue if they were also unaware.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought that had changed with MV.
no, it was always the first B tile.
the only thing that was changed with a later MV update was to make that first B tile always to have star passability, which effectively removes a cause for problems - but those problems exactly exist because that is the erase tile...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am new to RPG maker MV, please be harsh with me :D
Shaz wrote on Tohtori_Jamba's profile.
Hi, you can post a thread for your game in the Completed Games forum. Please check the pinned thread there and make sure you provide all the requested information.
and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns_4.jpg

edit: The complete redesign of my player HUD, Time rewind message, mini map and puzzle map.... I'll toss up an animated version later. :LZSexcite:
Oh no my hospital test results are not good......just not good, but at least explains why my health tank more than usual lately. Stupid body. I want a refund on this body. = .=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piruhawas