Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey guys, our friends at RMN has a major event going on! You can check the event page over here!

Make the spookiest Halloween game ever
for your chance to win a 100-dollar Steam Gift Card and other prizes!

All Hallows' Event 2013 is upon us! You have until October 31st at 11:59 PM UTC to make a complete game in any engine based on one or more of the following themes:

- Ghost Stories
- Survival Horror
- Monster Attack
- Halloween Comedy
- Nonfiction Horror

Each of these themes is fairly broad, and you can combine one or more themes! Just please let us know in your game description which theme(s) you are focusing on. 

A panel of judges will play each game and rank the top three entries. Users may vote for their favorite game once the contest is over; voting will be handled through this page. Results will be announced via podcast.

Step 1: Sign up for the contest in the "Registration" section below this event description. You can enter this event solo or as a team. Additionally, you may submit as many games or join as many teams as you'd like.
Step 2: Create your game page. Normal submission rules apply. 
Step 3: Post your download to the game page once it's approved.
Step 4: Submit your game download to the contest by using the commands on the upper-right corner of this page.

1st Place: A 100-dollar Steam Gift Card from Deckiller!
2nd Place: A copy of the RPG Maker DS+ Resource Pack, sponsored by RPG Maker Web!
3rd Place: A Steam Key for A-Train 8, sponsored by Degica!

and...

Peoples' Choice: Anything from the RPG Maker Web store, sponsored by RPG Maker Web!

Achievements

1st Place: 100 Makerscore Achievement
2nd Place: 80 Makerscore
3rd Place: 70 Makerscore
Best of each theme: 60 Makerscore
Participation: 50 Makerscore

• The game must be relate to at least one of the five themes: ghost stories, survival horror, monster attack, Halloween comedy, or nonfiction horror. Unsure if you game meets the theme? Just ask!
  • Only completed games are allowed! NO DEMOS!
  • Preexisting resources may be used, but no games that were started before the beginning of the event are allowed.
  • No late submissions; the deadline is strictly 11:59pm UTC on Halloween (October 31, 2013). Exceptions may be made if judges find a game-breaking bug.
  • You may work alone or have up to 9 other people on your team, for a total team size of 10.
  • You may submit as many games and join as many teams as you'd like.
  • Judges' entries will not be ranked, but they will still quality for the voters' choice achievement.
  • All necessary files must be included in the download.
  • Only one of each prize is available - please take this into account if you're on a team.
  • If the winner does not want a prize, s/he will pass it to the 2nd place winner, and so on, until we find a person who wants it.
  • All of RMN's normal policies apply.
  • If you have any questions, ask in the comments section or PM Deckiller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Too bad my team already started our project, the Chapter 1 is about a haunted house.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Guuuuuuh whyyyyyy this is such bad timing. I'm balls deep in work on YANTH, but I wanna do this so badly.

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm with Seita XD A Halloween Flop sequel would be really fun, fitting, and make up for last year, but I'm trying to work so hard on my current project. The momentum is really starting to flow, and I don't want to risk disturbing that.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm definitely trying to come up with a new project to do, but I honestly don't know how well it will turn out. I'm still trying to learn how to maximize the per-event usage since I'm using Lite and am restricted to 10 per map...

*EDIT

My team from the other game have decided to work together on this one as well! ^_^

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm, count me in.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently (September 27th) started gathering and working on graphical and audio resources for a Halloween game, but I have yet to actually create a project file. Is this acceptable for 'pre-existing resources', or would I need to come up with something different?

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I started a haunted house game a couple months back but didn't get much farther than the intro, maybe this is a good time to pick it up again.

Though I hate Horror stories, might change it to a Halloween comedy.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I started a haunted house game a couple months back but didn't get much farther than the intro, maybe this is a good time to pick it up again.

Though I hate Horror stories, might change it to a Halloween comedy.
Would it count since you already started it? I mean you would be changing the whole theme though, so maybe... Better ask someone in charge though to be certain they would accept it.

Aeri_Sicher

Rookie Programmer! >.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, time to start working on that horror story I've been holding onto for sometime now =P

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awww, damn. The idea I had doesn't fit into any of the themes... #sadface

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nope. It was more of an experimental/concept adventure game, but no ghosts or monsters or enemies of any kind actually. More a psychological horror. Shame really, cause it would have been fun to do. Still, I'll put it to one side for a rainy day. Maybe next year~

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Silent Hill was Psychological Horror and Survival Horror at the same time. You don't have to add monsters since the point was, it has to be scary. (There's also Nonfiction Horror there)  :D

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Our team name (and working title) is "Killer Machines" and we are doing a "survival horror", we will be using scripts to get a sort of 2.5D look for it.

I'll not be saying anything more about it outside the team though until it is done!

Chaneque

Prince of Strange Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Gonna enter - I know I'm not gonna win, but it'll be fun and I might actually finish a game this time.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gonna enter - I know I'm not gonna win, but it'll be fun and I might actually finish a game this time.
Don't go telling yourself you're gonna lose before you even begin!

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ewww, yuck, Pyramid Head...

Well, anyway, I might consider this! But, making a game in a month? Not really my specialty! And I just started my DS pack game too, wanted to actually focus on it, but...who knows?

As for me, I like Halloween and monster themed stuff, to an extent. I don't like the gore and serial killer side, so, yeah, I'm more into the "Halloween Comedy" type thing. And one idea I just had, make monster characters like the Monster Cereal characters!

"Monster Attack" sounds pretty vague...could that be like, a game about monstergirls? I mean, playing as them. Like, a party of Arachne and Lamia, yup.

I'd probably go with a pumpkin heavy idea, because c'mon, pumpkins! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/159/8/4/tumblr_mcrxvfamph1qgirr7o1_500_by_mabelpines2001-d68bmqw.gif

I always try to find ways to have Halloween themed stuff in my RPGs, so making a whole Halloween themed (sorta) game would be right up my alley.

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm definitely gonna give this a shot.  I've really enjoyed the indie horror genre and would like to find some way to contribute something.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awww full games only? I'd totally try for some Oneirophrenia action for this as well. We'll see if I do anything, we'll see. (I think I might though!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998