The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings,

So... i'm making a retro dungeon crawler game and to make things faster, cleartype obviously ruins the retro feeling of all because it makes the fonts soft. So, i tried turning off cleartype but it doesn't work. So i put non-cleartype fonts (System, MS Serif, the RM2K3 font) and how surprising... RMVX Ace doesn't support non-cleartype fonts. This is the error i get:

Program D:\Steam Library\SteamApps\sgitcwttd\YDEH\Game.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the the application's support team for more information.

... And that's what i'm doing right now. Please tell me there is a solution -_-

Regards,

Beelzebub InvariableZ

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
RGSS does neither support bitmap fonts (aka raster fonts) nor ClearType (I think you're confusing it with TrueType).

But there is another kind of bitmap font (bitmap means RGSS bitmaps here). Here is a somewhat old script that might work with VXA. Maybe there is a newer or better one by now.

Edit: This script should work with VXA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure the error means what you think - can you tell us how you tried to change the font? It might be that you used the wrong way to change fonts...

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The error message means the RGSS is doing something wrong and not the user. It allows using bitmap fonts, but is unable to draw them. Another error that'll never be fixed.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cremnophobia: Please do not assume things. A lot of errors have been fixed, especially when the multilanguage-version of Ace was made, but Degica can only fix errors if they get correct, reproducable reports.

@OP: please post what you have done when you changed the font, and a screenshot of any error messages (simply typing them in can distort those messages).

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You're assuming OP is doing something wrong. Why don't you try it out by yourself?

Font.default_name = 'MS Serif'Here's your reproducible error report.

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Cremnophobia: Uh, well, sorry... i don't know too much about fonts xD 

Hmm... if the error can't be fixed, then... well, what else, i'll use the script. But for now i prefer not to make a whole SFont image

@Andar:

Then:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cremnophobia, please be a little less antagonistic. It was a valid question, which could easily have been answered by the OP. No need to get all up in arms about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokuboter