RMVX resources licenced for mobile games with RPG maker MV?

Master100000

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello good friends. So basically I tried to read the RTP terms and conditions and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Basically I know how Enterbrain was really strict about their RMVX RTP resouces

only being for computer I think? However with RM VM being out now and being able to export

to android and IPhone and if you have purchased any previous RPG maker engines then you

are allowed to use their resources with other purchased RPG maker engines. So does that mean

I am now legally allowed to use RPG maker VX RTP resources on my RPG maker MV games

exported the android as I have purchased both VX years ago AND I purchased MV when it was still for pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not a staff member, but common sense says it would be licensed for export to mobile from RPG Maker MV, since that is still running within an RPG Maker game on one of their official environments.

But I am curious what the legal expert on staff has to say about this, because that is just my opinion.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it would be better to wait for a proper response, rather than voice individual opinion, because that may just cause confusion.

So if people could just hold off until then, that would be helpful.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am personally wondering this, but for all the RM products such as 2000, XP, VXA,

Master100000

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Any information on this yet. I am holding off on rmvx resources because of this. If a staff member can kindly respond to this i would greatly appreciate it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I've checked. Not a problem, yes you can use VX and VXAce in mobile. The 'only computer' thing was a consequence of 'only in RM engines' which in the past were only for computers. Now that is not the case. Obviously you can't use these resources to make a mobile game with a different engine.

Enjoy!

Master100000

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much! I can't tell you how happy this makes me! have a good day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akaruki_you