yeetMyDudes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,
I'm wanting to investigate how the Graphics class works in VX Ace, as I'm wanting to do some technical graphics. Would anybody know how/where I can find these hidden classes? Would I need to somehow go digging through the .dll files? :kaodes:
Thank you in advance :rwink:

(PS: If I make any progress in my findings which I find particularly interesting, I think I'll be sure to make a thread about it!)

EDIT: I see that doing so wouldn't be a great idea, so please don't try it, thanks :aswt:

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, you would be breaking the EULA if you tried to do that.
The EULA specifically states that reverse-engineering the DLL is not allowed.

you can try to switch to the free DirectX-Implementation for Ace and have that completely replace the graphic dll of Ace, but you cannot reverse-engineer it.
If I make any progress in my findings which I find particularly interesting, I think I'll be sure to make a thread about it!
that topic would be deleted and you might even be banned from this forum if you posted something like that, because that would be proof that you broke the EULA...

MV was the first maker that had a completely open source, every maker before that had hidden code.

yeetMyDudes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
no, you would be breaking the EULA if you tried to do that.
The EULA specifically states that reverse-engineering the DLL is not allowed.

you can try to switch to the free DirectX-Implementation for Ace and have that completely replace the graphic dll of Ace, but you cannot reverse-engineer it.

that topic would be deleted and you might even be banned from this forum if you posted something like that, because that would be proof that you broke the EULA...

MV was the first maker that had a completely open source, every maker before that had hidden code.
Gotcha, makes sense. Thank you very much for letting me know!

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
GDI+ is used for the rendering. This pure software rendering API is super slow so we can be pretty sure that the Graphics class is implemented in C++ possible with some shell of a Ruby module to act as a bridge.

I suggest you check out MKXP and see how the graphics are implemented there.
Good luck~

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyrmanX