Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good evening.

[before I start, I can sense that this question, or a similar alternative of it, has been asked before somewhere, and I looked in this particular forum for answers, but they all turned out as vague answers. Do excuse this if this question has been here before.]

After being recently introduced to RMVXA Face Graphics/Busts/Portraits and Scripts, I would like to know a way to put the portrait of the character (not face) on text when the character is speaking, but is there a way to do this without script?

The reason I ask this is because I have zero skill with script. Some answers told me to get a script somewhere but since I know nothing about script, it would be hazardous to the game if I implemented a script in the wrong place or the wrong area and create another problem. Not only that, I am wary of some scripts; (if some can be trusted; it may seem irrational of me but you can almost never be sure.)

So if you know of any ways to implement a character's bust/portrait with text (as the character speaks) without script, it would be appreciated. If there are no ways without script, please list a trusted script and instructions on how to handle it and place it correctly/or just a link to the thread. And do tell if credit is required for that particular script.

[Please post out-of-site links if they are truly necessary.]

Thank you for your time,

- Tornado Summoner

jporter917

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can use the show picture command - Center (120,272) will put the character bust on the bottom left side of the screen and picture command - Center (410,272) will put the bust on the bottom right side of the screen. Just remember to put Erase Picture command after that character is done talking. 

NathanW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The below eventing is what you can use for a left-side bust above the text.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JnI86Tn.png[/IMG]

And you get this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6HJ96Tp.png[/IMG]

Keep in mind, to make it left-side, you use X: 119 and Y: 175. To put it on the other side, you can use X:410 and Y: 272. Use an image editor like www.picresize.com to flip the picture horizontally, so it looks like this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ejNKVrd.png[/IMG]

EDIT: This is practically the only way to use busts with text, without a script. The Show Picture command only draws the picture -behind- the text box, and it just looks ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

jporter917

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^Yeah, I forgot I am using a small text box and gave the wrong X and Y cords. 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This or this. Same concept:

njJDbZq.png

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for helping me with this issue! :D It's really appreciated! Also, The Emotion Manipulation seems very innovative! Can't wait to implement it. Thanks again!

- Tornado Summoner

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg
Step by step, I am coming back.

memorial.png
MasterTenchi wrote on Pixeldrama's profile.
Do you happen to have any of the two lockpicking minigames in RPG Maker MZ format?
I'd love to use them both in my game, and the only ones I've found are yours, but they are in MV format. Strange no one has made a single one for MZ yet. I am hoping you have - but just on the down-low.
SF_People2_8 added!
index.php

1642338286154.png
Trying to draw some pixel art cliffs. Which side looks better, left or right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiddnanaa