HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ace has been behaving very weirdly lately. I save something, I specifically remember saving that thing, and then I go back to it and it's in its previous state. This happens a lot with scripts where I'd press OK and then I get errors because I'm referencing a script that's not there. It's climaxed with this one project where nothing seems to be saving at all anymore. The database keeps reverting and scripts that I just installed aren't showing up. Not sure what's happening, but this is the only thing preventing my game from being shippable at the moment, so I'm hoping I can get some help here.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where do you save your projects?

can you give the full folderpath from drive letter to game.exe?
(like c:\folder\folder\folder\projectname\game.exe)

I can think of three different causes for this, all of them based on where exactly you save.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to figure out that it was OneDrive. For some reason, they're not syncing to the cloud anymore.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes - cloudsync is always problematic with all programs that use databasing file access, and has even destroyed projects if the sync to the cloud happens at the wrong moment.
so you're lucky that your cloud kept the previous version on a failed sync, clouds without versioning would have deleted your entire project instead of only the last change...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
Lord Vectra wrote on lianderson's profile.
*poke* Hello. Not suprised to see you here, but I didn't know you was here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP-404