FREE [RMVXA] Shadow Rogue (Stealth Game) - Composer Needed

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Oro, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

1. Oro

Oro Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace.

Synopsis: Shadow Rogue is a 2D stealth game that uses light and shadow sneaking mechanics. It has a character creation system where you can create your own character, select their gender and physical traits, and then proceed with theft or assassination missions to earn gold. The game contains multiple pathways, each that affects which character you interact with, and eventually which ending you obtain, which there are two.

You start off as a thief whom had recently left the Thieves’ Guild to pursue your own entrepreneurial endeavors. You hole yourself up in the Maiden’s Ale, a cheap tavern at the Kingdom of Lesaria, whose owner doesn’t ask a lot of questions. Eventually, however, you begin to run short on gold, which prompts you to return to your old lifestyle, and interacting with characters that require your services.

When sneaking, you can either avoid the line of sight of enemies, or hide in shadows and bushes nearby. If caught, you will have to fight the enemies on screen using real-time combat, and only after they’ve been defeated can you proceed forward. You level up your character’s stamina (health) by sneaking in missions; combat does not affect leveling up at all. The game uses fixed camera angles; the screen will only change once you’ve reached the edge of it, and you will be locked in your current screen if you’re in combat.

The game also includes a lock-picking mechanic: when interacting with a locked chest, you can tap a directional button to pick it. Choosing the correct direction will result in a sound; tap it several times to open the lock. This will have to be done two or three times to fully unlock the chest.

You ally with different characters based on which missions you pursue: you can either steal gold and items, or assassinate marked targets. In both scenarios you can complete the mission without being detected, and use alternate paths to complete it. The gold obtained in missions can be used to purchase health potions, which would be automatically used during combat if your health reaches a low amount, or a more powerful dagger to increase your attack strength. With enough gold, you can also purchase a headband to wear on your character.

Positions / Roles Needed: I’ve almost completed the development of the game, but require a composer that can make sneaking ambience, combat, and cutscene music.

My Role(s) / Position(s): I’m the Lead Designer and Developer.

Screenshots:
    1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 11.png 12.png

Demo:

Feel free to send me a PM if you’re interested.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 5:15 AM
  2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks pretty cool. I'm not a composer but good luck finding someone who is :D

3. Tianlong

Tianlong Villager Member

First Language:
    French/English
    Hey, I'm interested in this position. I'm on my phone right now but I'll send you some samples later.

Edit :

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:19 AM
  4. MasterofRevels

MasterofRevels Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is the position paid? If so, I would be very interested!

5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @MasterofRevels No, if this position was paid, it would not have been posted here, but in our Classifieds forum (which becomes accessible after you have 30 meaningful posts).

6. MasterofRevels

MasterofRevels Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok thanks!

7. DOComposerSageMode21

DOComposerSageMode21 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hello, My name is David and I'm a composer for films and games, nice to meet you.

I read your post and this game that you're working on "Shadow Rogue" looks really amazing and great to put out into the world and I'd like to write the score for this game. If you haven't made a decision on a composer yet?

Here's a link to my work...
    https://soundcloud.com/musicknight44

and here's my contact info...
    Email - davidobaniyi@gmail.com
    Discord username - David Obaniyi#2379

Let me know what you think? and hope you have a wonderful day/weekend. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019 at 9:57 AM
  8. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @DOComposerSageMode21 I strongly recommend that you edit your post and remove your email address. That is because this site, like many others, is deep trawled by bots looking for them and you will be swamped with spam, phishing, trojans, malware etc. If you use the private messages (pm) system here, you can set it up to get an email alert whenever anyone writes to/replies to you, so you don't miss anything if you're not on site for a while.