Kakis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So I wanted to add a text sound when messages appear, similar to undertale but I'm struggling to change pitches for characters.

I've been trying with the script mentioned here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/mss-text-se.3463/

but I just don't understand how to use variables. For this to work, would I need to create an event? Say like, an event where a character is speaking, then I'd give them a variable so they would sound different? Do I do this or something else? Help please. Maybe also some image examples of how to do this? Thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a script thread. You can just ask your "how do I use it" question in that thread and the OP will help you.

Kakis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)
daysbetweendatescalculator.jpg
It may be useful for some weird purposes in the game and outside the game.:kaojoy:
I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srabon