[RMVXACE] Adding Actor mid-battle problem

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Dpscool, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dpscool

Dpscool Warper Member

First Language:
    danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    hey so im having this weird problem with VX Ace, i tried out one of Yanflys scripts to increase party size which worked, however when i try to add an actor in the middle of a battle (like how i want in a game im making) the charactors name and health bar is invisable, however the actor can still attack and take damage, would like to know if its because some scripts i have are overideing or because im doing something wrong,

thank you.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Dpscool Please edit your post to include a link to the webpage where you got the party size script. That way if people need to check something before offering advice, they won't have to go hunting.

Unless you tell us which scripts you have, we cannot possibly guess if they are the problem.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    this has nothing to do with the party script, it has to do with your battlesystem.

the problem is that a lot of scripters for the battlesystem only define the data on starting a battle - any actor added later (usually called a summon) will not get that data defined and cause problems.

To solve this, the actors need to be added by a summon script compatible with the rest of the battlesystem. That will define the missing data when the actor is added after the battle has already started.