Rield

Just a fuzzy guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was told to come here by a moderator on another forum for help, so hopefully you all know this problem.

So I decided to get the trial version of Ace. It looked fine but when I went to look at things like the database, the database pop up window was too large for the entire screen, and the font was enlarged it looked like too. I tried reinstalling it but it stayed the way it is. So I tried doing something with regular Vx instead, and it somehow ended up doing the same with the Ace all of a sudden. This has never happened before until I installed Ace and now my copy of Vx is all wacky. here is some screenies if this helps with the problem.
Screenie_1_zpsba3d5129.png

Screenie_2_zps1320cae2.png

If it helps I'm using this on a windows 7 acer laptop with the fully recomended screen resolution, and the DPI settings are at 100% small.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you tried

1. Restarting your computer?

2. Uninstalling Ace?

Rield

Just a fuzzy guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes and Yes. Nothing really seems to be working.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It LOOKS like a DPI thing to me. What IS your screen resolution?

It doesn't surprise me that you're getting this on a laptop. Do you have an external monitor you could plug in and try?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rield

Just a fuzzy guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screen resolution is 1366x768. And I don't have one. :\

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you search here to see what solutions have been given before? Here are a couple - don't know if you've tried them yet:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/15219-i-bought-rpg-maker-vx-ace-and

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/15221-please-help-men

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14196-explain-this/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/12740-cannot-run-with-less-than-1024-x-768-resolution/

I searched for resolution - that brings up about 4 pages of results, and those threads are on the first two pages (I didn't go all the way to the bottom of the second page). If they don't help you, do the same search and look through all 4 pages.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe going the the program's compatibility tab (Right-click > Properties) and checking  640x480 screen resolution might do something?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Or make sure that is not checked as it automatically changes your resolution to 640x480 I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryker15