DuskSnare

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there! I've been messing around with RPGMaker VX Ace for awhile now and I seem to have got stuck on an idea. I wish to have an effect play over the screen when the main characters health is low. Now, I don't mean in battle, but when the character walks around in game. I imagine a heart beat effect, red overlay with veins appearing with every step showing pain. I believe I've seen a similar effect in "Ib" if I remember correctly, but its been a long time since I've played it. Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I don't need anyone to make the effect or the sound for me, but I need help with the setup of this general effect. 

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd say you should have a common event that's set to parallel process, and have that check the player's health with variables. Use conditional branches to then display an image/play a sound effect/ tint the screen/whatever you want to happen when their health is low.

DuskSnare

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd say you should have a common event that's set to parallel process, and have that check the player's health with variables. Use conditional branches to then display an image/play a sound effect/ tint the screen/whatever you want to happen when their health is low.
Thank you for the help, that actually really did help :D So I guess this thread can be closed.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please report your opening post (the 'Report' button is at the bottom right) and ask for the thread to be closed.  The mod for the forum might not see your post asking for it, but will see the report.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaysn