GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I cannot seem to fix this issue, I keep making clean projects and for some reason I cannot add new enemies, I increased the max I can hold I even cleared it and made only 1 enemy but for some reason even after saving it won't process the new enemy I input in the database.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, just a few questins:

1) Are you using the Steam version or non-Steam?

2) Has this happened before, or is this the first time?

3) Is your project folder located in a protected folder in your computer, where you need Admin rights to access or modify files?

4) Is your project folder located outside of the installation folder.

(I had to save my projects outside of the installation folder to get them to work normally).

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1) Are you using the Steam version or non-Steam? non-steam
2) Has this happened before, or is this the first time?not til today and it won't stop
3) Is your project folder located in a protected folder in your computer, where you need Admin rights to access or modify files? Windows is like that in C : it doesn't matter what is installed you need admin and I cannot change that 8.1 in a nutshell
4) Is your project folder located outside of the installation folder. I had no choice it refused to create a folder in the install
(I had to save my projects outside of the installation folder to get them to work normally). 

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try to create a new project and copy over all your data files to it then try to alter your database there.

I was able to install RMXP and/or create the project files in the root folder of C drive with no need for Admin rights.

I ended up installing on the non-Windows drive though (D drive, in my case). Try reinstalling your RM if creating a new project doesn't help.

I don't understand your last answer. Do you mean to say that you are saving your project files outside of the installation folder? Even on D drive, my project folder had to be located outside of the RPGXP folder in order to function properly.

Another thing that seems to cause issues with RMXP is when windows updates (sometimes).

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Try to create a new project and copy over all your data files to it then try to alter your database there.

I was able to install RMXP and/or create the project files in the root folder of C drive with no need for Admin rights.

I ended up installing on the non-Windows drive though (D drive, in my case). Try reinstalling your RM if creating a new project doesn't help.

I don't understand your last answer. Do you mean to say that you are saving your project files outside of the installation folder? Even on D drive, my project folder had to be located outside of the RPGXP folder in order to function properly.

Another thing that seems to cause issues with RMXP is when windows updates (sometimes).
I just tried that it did not work should I just reinstall RMXP and the RTP?

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although this has never happened to me so far, it's definitely worth a try.

Another thing you should consider is to always keep backups of your projects.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You haven't really answered the questions.

Where is your project saved? Is it in Program Files? If so, move it somewhere else - don't put it in ANY of the default folders.

Some screenshots might be helpful.

When you go to create a new project, doesn't it let you browse to say where to create it?

Is it possible you have multiple versions of the project and you keep changing one version and then opening an older version without your changes?

I've moved this thread to Tech Support - All Makers. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You haven't really answered the questions.

Where is your project saved? Is it in Program Files? If so, move it somewhere else - don't put it in ANY of the default folders.

Some screenshots might be helpful.

When you go to create a new project, doesn't it let you browse to say where to create it?

Is it possible you have multiple versions of the project and you keep changing one version and then opening an older version without your changes?

I've moved this thread to Tech Support - All Makers. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
1. I did answer this and I have said yes

2.screenshots will not help here, it is not as simple as take a picture there is a whole sequence and not one image to collect

3. No, I only have one project open at once.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you say your project is saved in Program Files? I can't see that anywhere, even after re-reading.

Don't save it there - move it to another location that isn't in one of the Windows folders.

You said something about C: but WHERE in C:? What subfolder? You don't "install" projects - you "install" the engine. Yes, it requires admin approval to install the engine. It does not require admin approval to save your project to the correct folder. If it does, you're not saving it to the correct folder.

Yes, screenshots WOULD help here. Doesn't matter if it's a single screenshot or several - BECAUSE your answers to questions are vague and don't really answer the questions (no, they don't) we need to SEE what you're doing and SEE what's happening. If you can't explain it in a way that we can follow easily, seeing what you're seeing is the only other way.

Where and when did you purchase your engine?

Have you redownloaded/reinstalled recently?

Was there any time when these functions WERE working correctly? How long ago?

Have you had old projects where you were able to add more enemies, and if you reopen them are you still able to add new enemies, or does the issue happen with old projects as well?

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Where did you say your project is saved in Program Files? I can't see that anywhere, even after re-reading.

Don't save it there - move it to another location that isn't in one of the Windows folders.

You said something about C: but WHERE in C:? What subfolder? You don't "install" projects - you "install" the engine. Yes, it requires admin approval to install the engine. It does not require admin approval to save your project to the correct folder. If it does, you're not saving it to the correct folder. Where you install is what I meant by C: 

Yes, screenshots WOULD help here. Doesn't matter if it's a single screenshot or several - BECAUSE your answers to questions are vague and don't really answer the questions (no, they don't) we need to SEE what you're doing and SEE what's happening. If you can't explain it in a way that we can follow easily, seeing what you're seeing is the only other way.

Where and when did you purchase your engine?

Have you redownloaded/reinstalled recently?

Was there any time when these functions WERE working correctly? How long ago?

Have you had old projects where you were able to add more enemies, and if you reopen them are you still able to add new enemies, or does the issue happen with old projects as well?
Where and when did you purchase your engine? I purchased it at the main store here half a year ago I think. Check for yourself,gateargon@gmail.comHave you redownloaded/reinstalled recently?yes 

Was there any time when these functions WERE working correctly? How long ago?Last time I installed was I think in november not sure and back then things were doing fine that is why I thought I should reinstall I have not had a chance to do so yet because no one recommended it yet it was only my idea

Have you had old projects where you were able to add more enemies, and if you reopen them are you still able to add new enemies, or does the issue happen with old projects as well? It only happened since this install.

•  

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gravebusta, not to nitpick, but I did give you a suggestion to reinstall your RM. Check post number 4 here.

Also, since you mentioned that this issue started to happen only since the most recent installation, it's better for you to remove your old files, and reinstall everything in a new folder, outside of Program Files, or in a separate drive if possible.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Gravebusta, not to nitpick, but I did give you a suggestion to reinstall your RM. Check post number 4 here.

Also, since you mentioned that this issue started to happen only since the most recent installation, it's better for you to remove your old files, and reinstall everything in a new folder, outside of Program Files, or in a separate drive if possible.
>< Sorry I am having a bad day it's so cold I can't think right 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you put your project in C:\ and not in any subfolders - not in C:\Program Files?

I'm talking about your PROJECT - when you go File > New Project. NOT where you installed the engine.

C: is the entire hard drive. It includes C:\Windows and C:\Program Files and other stuff. I just need to be certain that you're referring to the same thing - the root folder of your C drive.

Did you try moving the project folder somewhere else (create a C:\GameDev\ProjectName and move it there), and seeing if the same thing still happens?

btw - I can't check your registration. I'm a forum mod, not staff with access to customer and store information.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GraveBusta:

First of all, everything is okay. Take it easy. You can take a rest and come back later to respond to the thread if you're not feeling too good.

Secondly, if you bought your product from the main store, you can check your receipts in your account in the main store. That's how I find my purchased products there.

@Shaz:

I suggested GraveBusta to reinstall his engine in a folder located outside of Program Files because that was how I got my RMXP engine running properly.

When it was installed in a folder within Program Files, my projects could neither be created, nor opened properly, even though the Projects folder was located elsewhere in my computer.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Shaz, sorry last time I tried my projects didn't go well I lacked assets and my friend kept distracting me,I deleted them I been using new projects not old and the new ones won't let me save new enemies. 

@Susan I shall try that now I had an earful for a minute to deal with

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I was only interested in where he had his project saved, not where RMXP was installed. Admin permissions should only be an issue if the project itself were in a Windows-only folder.

I use 8.1 and my XP runs fine in C:\Program Files (x86 I think)

Not saving the project is the only reason I can think of why it would do this.

I've been wondering about this for a while, so I suppose I'd better ask.

What do you mean by "not processing"? Do you mean the enemy won't get added to the database, or that you don't see it in the game? You're not using some weird script that saves enemy stats with the save file and are continuing a game that had been saved before you added the enemy, are you? This is why I asked for screenshots - so we could see IF the enemy was actually being added to the database, and if it was disappearing when you close and reopen the editor, or if it was something you noticed while playing.

Even though YOU may not think something is important/useful, we wouldn't ask if we didn't think it was. PLEASE give us screenshots so we can see your screens and understand what's going on.

GraveBusta

Vengful
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Reinstalling fixed it the database but now the events wont load the new enemies >< 
1_zpsc2708392.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and for some reason I cannot add new enemies, I increased the max I can hold I even cleared it and made only 1 enemy but for some reason even after saving it won't process the new enemy I input in the database.
I read the topic and there is a chance that you simply have been talking about different things, so I suggest we check the terminology...
@Gravebusta:

What exactly do you mean by "processed"?

Because if you only add new entries to the enemy tab in the database, those enemies will never appear in the game - they can't, because you're forgetting two additional steps.

Only troops can appear on a map in random encounters, and even that only happens after the troops have been added to the encounter table.

So the full process to adding new enemies goes as follow:

1) create the new enemy in the enemy tab.

2) either create a new troop with the new enemy in the troop tab, or add the new enemy to an existing troop in the troop tab

3) in map properties, add the troop with the new enemy to the encounter table if you want that troop/enemy to appear in a random encounter.

Edit:

ninja'd - and proven right, you add troops there and not enemies

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A picture is worth a thousand words ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lasthroth