tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello,

My first post here, but I think I have seen some familiar faces around.

Almost 4 years ago I started making an XP game, after playing all the Aveyond ones and being really impressed. I bought the program, and jumped right into it, and then life happened. A breakup, moved out, didn't have a laptop/computer for a year, plus after a computer crash I lost everything. All collected materials, RTP edits, facesets, snippets of scripts.. I thought I had backed it up on an external hard drive, but I hadn't.

Still angry at myself about it, but I'm cautiously ready to try again. I still have my notes on the game, and through some miracle, the sprites that I uploaded to Photobucket (And on a related note, is there a decent photo hosting page, that does what Photobucket used to, I could use instead?)

However. Now for my request:

Back when I first started playing with RMXP, I found a "demo" someone had made, to help others with coding. It had really nice maps as well, all done with RTP. From the first map, you could access different, themed maps that showed you all sorts of different things you could do, and when you talked to the NPCs, they would tell you what they were doing, and then you could go and check out the coding of it afterwards. I can remember weather effects, a lovely beach scene, and some very excited sheep in a pen on a hilltop. :D Unfortunately I can't remember the name of whoever made it and shared it so helpfully.

If anyone can recognise it from this very vague description, please could you give me a push in the right direction - is it still up? Could you share it? (The resources that were already scant 4 years ago, are even more scarce now, I have been reading a lot of stuff on Way Back Machine.)

Thank you in advance.

tuskel,
sincerely

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this XP Support.

Resource Requests is aimed at graphics and music, not coding.
When you say coding, do you mean it was a demo that showed off eventing, kind of like a playable tutorial or was this a script demo that showed off their scripts?

(I use Imgur instead of Photobucket.)

tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi,

Yes, it was more like help with eventing. I can't remember what kind of changes they had made in the script, if any. (I mean, they most likely had, I just didn't really look into it.)

tuskel,
sincerely

tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about! Now I just have to beat those grey cells up to try and remember everything I learned before.. :D

tuskel,
sincerely

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!
I just came up with a very original RPG Idea. This is so well written that it might be the first RPG I actually finish making. (I’ve stopped all my projects halfway through development. I don’t think this one will be the same.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danysanca