RMXP Disable Party Members to be able to be found later in the game

Ameladol

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi all, so i have "Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard" in the game and i have been able to set the script up fine. But it puts all 8 Actors in the party screen for use. I'm struggling to figure out how to make it so an actor is unavailable until they are found and added to the party via an event and anything I find is so old the page doesn't exist anymore.

For extra when finding the Actors i would also want them to enter the party at the same level as the current members if that's possible at all.

Sorry very new to this and have hit a wall here.

https://downloads.chaos-project.com/scripts/Easy Party Switcher.txt

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Thank you.

Please add a link to the script

MobiusXVI

Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you read the script header, it tells you. The below command can be used to 'cause the character NOT to appear in the party switch screen at all'
$game_actors[ID].disabled_for_party = true

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, Blizzard is known for making his scripts clear and easy to use. He even stated on the page you downloaded from that the instructions are inside the script's comments. He even provided a demo on how to use it.
anything I find is so old the page doesn't exist anymore.
What does this even mean?
For extra when finding the Actors i would also want them to enter the party at the same level as the current members if that's possible at all.
You can event this yourself. Set a variable equal to, for example, the average of the party's level or the main actor's level, and then use "Change Level" to set the new actor's level to that variable.

Ameladol

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, Blizzard is known for making his scripts clear and easy to use. He even stated on the page you downloaded from that the instructions are inside the script's comments. He even provided a demo on how to use it.

What does this even mean?

You can event this yourself. Set a variable equal to, for example, the average of the party's level or the main actor's level, and then use "Change Level" to set the new actor's level to that variable.
oh the page not existing was the demo, when i tried to open it nothing would happen... like the page no longer existed.

Ameladol

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If you read the script header, it tells you. The below command can be used to 'cause the character NOT to appear in the party switch screen at all'
$game_actors[ID].disabled_for_party = true
where about's do i input this in the script? And if I want to encounter the member later in the game is there something special I need to do to overwrite this piece of script?

Sorry like i said this is my first foray into this and it is VERY new. I've tried a number of things with no luck.

And I can't find a working version of the demo.

MobiusXVI

Game Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, if this is your first time using a script, I'd recommend checking out this tutorial: VX Ace - Script Usage. It's for VX Ace but a lot of it still applies to XP. Second, all of the commands for this script will go into a "Call Script" command within events. If you don't know how to use events, there's tutorials for that too (Tutorials for beginners). Once you understand those things, go back to the script header and read the whole section titled "How to Use". It explains all the things you can do with the script and how to do them.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As you are new I thought it might help to set out in detail what you need to do to get the new member to join at the same level as the main character.

1. In the event where you want the new member to join, select a new variable (tab 1 of the Event Command Menu) if you don't already have one for this action and name it (so that you know exactly what it does and you don't accidentally use it for something else later) e.g. call it Hero's level. Click OK
  2. You now see a dialogue box giving you a range of choices. Click the button next to 'Actor' and the name of the first character plus 'Level' comes up. Click OK
  3. Click the button 'Change Party Member', also on tab one. Select the actor you want to add. Make sure the button 'Add' is selected - it's the default, so it should be. Click OK.
  4. On tab 3 select the command 'Change Level'. Select the name of the new member. Select the option 'Variable' and specify the control variable you set a moment ago. Click OK.
  5. You cannot leave it there. Your new actor was already at level one, and now the Hero's level has been added, they will be one level higher than the hero. So select 'Change Level' again, select the new member and now choose 'Decrease'. The default is already one. Click OK.
  6. Your event should now look something like this:
1623421015427.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where about's do i input this in the script?
you don't place it in the script itself, you place it in the script command box just before you call the new scene. that way you can change it anytime between scene calls

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
oh the page not existing was the demo, when i tried to open it nothing would happen... like the page no longer existed
It's still there. Are you on chrome because I have witnessed it failing to download anything when a new tab opens up. Try a different browser or copy the url and paste it in a new tab.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CertainPerson