Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone.

I seek to purchase a Graphics Pack from the RPG Maker store that pertains to "Modern Day Tiles" and other downloadable content. However in the official description, or nearly all of them, they only mention RPG Maker VX and RPG Maker VX Ace as it's main sources and does not mention RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker XP is the only software I have of the RPG Maker brand. However, I have slight reason to believe that it does not ultimately exclude RPG Maker XP from its compatibilities. Would all RPG Maker Graphics Packs work on XP, or some or none?

Also, if it can be done, will it violate the EULA or Terms of Agreement in any way?

Thank you for your time.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It doesn't violate any terms to use them in XP, it's just not formatted to work in XP. With some work you could get it there, the most difficult part would be figuring out what to do with the auto tiles.

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for informing me about this. I appreciate it very much.

Also, would editing the tiles for future use in XP require some type of complex photoshop application or could it be done easily in Paint?

Shuji

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't think you could do that with paint. Or at least it would be reaaally hard.

I suggest using Gimp, a program similar to Photoshop that is free.

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shuji: OK. I'll be sure to follow through with that when I get the pack. Thanks! :D

Thanks to everyone for your time, advice and helping me with the issue! Have a great day!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, would editing the tiles for future use in XP require some type of complex photoshop application or could it be done easily in Paint?
It depends on which program you're talking about when you say "Paint".
Microsoft Paint is the worst solution possible, because it can't handle transparency.

However, some people claim that paint.net is enough to handle most basic tasks and it has a GUI similiar to MS Paint.

If you really want to do a lot of graphics work, then either go with Photoshop (older versions can be found cheap) or GIMP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.
If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minihydra