(RMXP) Hiding Stats in the Status Menu

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by RPGs_etc1, Sep 13, 2015.

1. RPGs_etc1

RPGs_etc1 Game Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've seen a lot of questions regarding this for Ace, but I've seen none for RPG Maker XP. I would like a script that would hide some of the stats (like dexterity) in the status menu. How can I do this?

2. MobiusXVI

MobiusXVI Game Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Open up the script editor and find the script "Window_Status". Then scroll down to about line 30 and find where it says "draw_actor_parameter". There should be 7 lines as there are 7 parameters (ATK, PDEF, MDEF, STR, DEX, AGI, INT). Try commenting out those lines and see what happens. You can comment out lines by placing a "#" at the start of the line. 

3. RPGs_etc1

First Language:
    English
    Hmm. Commenting those lines appears to have no affect on the game. The parameters still show up on the status screen. I tried doing the same on a blank game and got the same result.

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    i need a simple edit to hide characters level and level number as my game does not use the level up system.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  5. MobiusXVI

First Language:
    English
    When I comment out the line in the first image, and play the game it has the result seen in the second image.

Stat1.png

Stat2.png

6. RPGs_etc1

First Language:
    English
    That is odd. I'm in the right place, but if I comment them out, they don't disappear. I'm sorry, but do you think it may have anything to do with the version of RPG Maker XP?

7. MobiusXVI

First Language:
    English
    No, that's not very likely. Normally, I'd say you have some other script conflicting with the changes you're trying to make, but I know you said you tried it on a blank project. Try this - underneath the line you comment out put:

print("Test 1 is being called")That will pop up a message box to let us know if the code is being called correctly.

After you try that, try this - put this code in a new slot in the script editor underneath everything else but above Main.

class Window_Status < Window_Base def refresh print("This window should be blank") endendThis should completely blank out the status window. Try both of those and let me know if either works.

8. RPGs_etc1

First Language:
    English
    Thanks. I'll try it as soon as I can. My computer is having an issue and I may not be able to try this for about a week. I'll let you know if this works.

9. RPGs_etc1

First Language:
    English
    I figured out the issue. I discovered that my so-called "blank game" had some uneeded add-on scripts that I forgot I added. I can now make the stats disappear as long as I don't have conflicting scripts. Thank you.

10. MobiusXVI

First Language:
    English
    Cool. Glad it was something easy. As a personal technique whenever I want to try something on a blank project, I just create a new one. That way I know nothing has been added. But yeah glad you figured it out.

11. RPGs_etc1

First Language:
    English
    Good idea. Thanks.