RMXP Logo before title

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Marc1k1, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Marc1k1

Marc1k1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello all!

I've been searching around for a simple script that will show a logo prior to the title screen, if I can have sound with it then that's really just icing on the cake. I'm using RPG Maker XP and the only scripts I can find from other forums are missing out vital pieces of information or just don't work at all.

I would be incredibly grateful if somebody knows an efficient, simplistic and easy to implement script for this.

2. supercow

supercow Artist Veteran

First Language:
    indonesia
    this one has a lot of stuff , theres also the script you are looking for , you gotta pinpoint which yourself though i didnt look in the script section .

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=48401.0

3. Marc1k1

Marc1k1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Yes, the demo of that script seems to use some code I'd really like for my own opening but sadly it isn't listed as a feature and I can't tell if that was just something they threw into the demo or into the whole script... but even then I really don't want any of the other stuff from their script but the opening :S

Sorry to be a pain and I appreciate the post, especially so quickly but I fear I don't know enough to be able to rip it out of their code and dump it into mine without messing one thing or another up, I mean if its as simple as paste between A & B then sure but I don't really know where to start.

4. MobiusXVI

MobiusXVI Game Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you can make your logo into a short movie, then you can use Zeus Video Player to play it before the Title screen extremely easily. You can grab Zeus's script on the forums here. Then, to get the movie to play before the title screen just open the script editor and select "Main". Then place the script call right below where it says "Begin". The script call will look like this "Graphics.play_movie("your_movie's_filename")". There's more details on the script calls in Zeus's forum post.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is really not much point making a demo that includes other stuff that's not part of the script. If the demo is of a single thing, and it shows a feature, then that feature should be in the script.

If you find Amaranth's commercial game kit, that has a splash screen. I'm just not sure if it's a script of its own or if it's integrated into the RTP scripts. There will definitely be a class for the Splash Screen script, but the call might just be made from the existing scripts.

6. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    The only script I ever made entirely myself. It should do exactly what you are looking for (place under scene_Title). Maybe I should make a thread for the script. You may use it both non-commercial and commercial. A credit will be appreciated.

Code:
    # splashscreen Script#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# splashscreen script by gRaViJa - www.halcyangames.com#==============================================================================class Credits#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# initialize#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def initialize     #here for audio    @sprite = Sprite.new    Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/logo")    #here for the logo    @sprite.opacity = 0    @sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title("lOGO2")    $logo = true  end#--------------------------------------------------------------------------# main#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def main     Graphics.transition    # loop    loop do not      # update      Graphics.update      # input      Input.update      #update      update      @var = @var.to_i + 1if @sprite.disposed? == false        unless @sprite.opacity == 255          @sprite.opacity += 19      # Changeable        else          @sprite.opacity -= 0     # Changeable        end      end      if $scene != self        break      end    end    Graphics.freeze    # dispose    @sprite.dispose  end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # update  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def update    if Input.trigger?(Input:: or Input.trigger?(Input::C)      $logo = false       $scene = Scene_Title.new    elsif @var == 181      $logo = false       @sprite.dispose      $scene = Scene_Title.new    end  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  7. Marc1k1

Marc1k1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for all the responces and sorry Gravija I couldn't get it to work but I have a very limited understanding of where to paste most code, I'm going to move onto the Zeus Video Player thread and see if I can get some help on using that to show a small video at the opening of the game.

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It says "place under Scene_Title"

However, that's just a class. There's no indication where it should be called, so you need that info too.

I am guessing if you search for $scene = Scene_Title.new and replace it with $scene = Scene_Credits.new it should start working. You use control+shift+f to do a global search in your scripts. There should only be one or two lines that say $scene = Scene_Title.new - if there are any in classes that have Gameover in their name, they are NOT the ones you need to change.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  9. Marc1k1

Marc1k1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh thanks  :)  I'll give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  10. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Yup, that's correct. Been years since i've used this script, so i forgot. In Main, add " $scene = Credits.new" right under "$scene = Scene_Title.new" (which is on line 11 in a fresh project). Also, your image to show should be in the Titlescreen maps. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  11. Marc1k1

Marc1k1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been very busy so I haven't had a chance to mess about with RPG XP but I've got the code working! Thank you very much and you will receive a credit, no worries.

12. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    I think you may have grabbed the wrong link.  Animated Title Scenes is most likely the one you're looking for, your link went to Super Event Sensor, which has its own plethora of uses.

Animated Title Scenes with Events

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12465.0.html

This allows specifically what Marc requested, Logo Before Title. 

It also allows you to display either a Map or a Picture for your Game Title Screen, but with Eventing, you can Animate.  The way I set up the Events allows for SKIPPING the Logo, as well as an "Attract Mode", also achieved with Eventing (run the game but don't start it, just let it sit there on the Title for a couple seconds).  Since all Animations are done via Eventing, you can make your Title Screen look however you want it to look and sound.