Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using FL Studio 12, how do I make a custom loop point in a midi so that RMXP will recognize it? Do I need some other software?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to move this to Resource Support, since it's about making/editing resources for use in the engine.

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No. You don't need any additional software. Just using Select tools to select the part you want and export it.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. You don't need any additional software. Just using Select tools to select the part you want and export it.
Yeah, I already know that I can export midis, but what I want to know is how to make a custom loop point, so that, for example, for battle music, it only plays the intro once, instead of suddenly stopping after a couple minutes and going back to the very beginning of the song. I also know how to make a custom loop so that FL Studio loops correctly, but either when exporting it, or when RMXP reads it, it doesn't catch the loop but just plays through the intro again.

Last edited:

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Nutty171 Oh, got it! Sorry for my misunderstanding. I don't think RMXP could read the custom loop mark. It just play the whole song and play it all again.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@callmedan But then how do the default songs loop? How were those made? I already know that RMXP doesn't read the custom loop that FLS12 does, but what I want to know is how to make a loop with FLS12 that RMXP can read, if it's even possible, and, if not, then what software I should use, and how to do such with said other software. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT3: I'll make all of the text about my solved problems tiny. (Sorry mods I'm new to the forum)
EDIT: Okay, this is weird... So I wanted to look at the default songs to see how FLS12 reads them, and so I make a new project in RMXP, ("Project2") and I click the materials button, and click Audio/BGM, and all of the songs are there. So then I go to FLS12 and select open, but when I go to the Audio/BGM folder in the Project2 folder, it doesn't see anything. I go to Windows File Explorer, and it can't see them either. What's going on? Do I need to export them from the materials window first?
EDIT2: Exported with the materials window into Audio/BGM, and FLS12 apparently doesn't see any difference between it and a normal midi without a loop... Also noticed that the circle for the files in the materials window is red for custom songs, so I'm assuming that the blue circles are for the built-in songs.

P.S. Sorry about the somewhat off-topic edit, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for such a (probably) newb question.

Last edited:

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well here's a problem with the forum system, people passing by assume that Dan has or is already helping me, and just pass by, and once Dan figures out that he doesn't know how to help me (no offence Dan) this thread was already buried by more recent threads. Sorry for double posting, but if I edit my older post, I'm afraid that the thread will not go any higher in the list, and I'm hoping that making another post will sort of "bump" it up.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In a case like this bumping is allowed but only after 72 hours have passed. I don't know XP or music creation, but my guess is that it's XP that tells the file to loop, not a loop point in the file.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for telling me about bumping! As for the looping, how would XP know where to loop the song?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Because it's the end of the song. I think callmedan is right, I don't think XP does anything other than repeat the songs, even the ones that are in the RTP.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, there's definitely more to it than that. If you play, for example, Battle02 from the RTP with the Sound Player, it only plays the intro once. I understand that it may automatically have the end of the song as the loop point, but once it does get to the end of the song, it doesn't play the intro again. It doesn't end and then restart. And it's not just that the RTP songs have something special about them that would only work for those specific default songs. Because if I export it and re-import it, (so that it has a red circle, meaning it's a custom song) It still loops. Custom songs that I download that were made for XP to use also have proper loop points.

Well, there's something that I thought that I said earlier, but apparently I didn't so here it is: I want to clarify about what I want. I make a battle song, and it has an definite beginning, that maybe starts with only a few instruments or slowly to build up suspense and tension, but then it goes into a much faster paced, more "epic" part, that it continues throughout the entire battle. So when XP gets to the end of the song, I don't want it to go back and play the slow part in the middle of an intense battle. Even many of the RTP songs do this. (P.S. I made no such song nor have any such song, I'm nowhere near that good at making music.)

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The wall of text's evils at work.
Bump.

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hope someone could help you. Most of people use mp3, ogg and wav so i think there's not much people know about midi.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, can RMXP read those types of files?

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Nutty171 Yes, of course. It can read many types of audio files.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that never occurred to me! This changes a lot! Thanks for telling me this! The only files I've ever seen with XP were, in fact midis. Now of course, I don't know how to do custom loops with other files, but I will try it with ogg vorbis files and try to do it in the same way as MV does it. I'll edit this post with an update once I finally get around to trying it. (That is, if it's still the most recent post)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purboy