[RMXP] One vs One battle system with possibility to change battler

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Shadi, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Shadi

Shadi Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello.
    I'm making pokemon game without using starter kits, but linking systems maked by events and scripts.
    I want to make to some excent standard rpg maker battle system similar to pokemon battle system.
    At this moment i'm interested in possiblity to changing battlers in battle and limiting numbers fighting at once to one, without limiting numbers of pokemons/battlers in party.
    I would like to change the fighting hero to be available as an option in the combat menu (instead of a weapon attack) and as a scriptable one (to call him as the opponent-trainer will lose the fighting-pokemon)
    The last important think is that i want to have party squad order returned to original after battle, because i'm using catepillar script and only pokemon starter have a human graphics, others have pokemon graphics.
    Party switching systems possible to download are not interesting me, because they are switching party members from present party squad to all party members present in game database, i'm interested in switching within the present team itself.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Shadi

Shadi Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I found a script, which can solve my problems. https://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/8413-party-changing-system/
    It makes possible changing party members to use in battle only from actual party members.
    Only modification i need is to make possible saving actual party squad and returning to it after battle by script.
    It is important for compatibility with box system made by events and with catepillar script (party member who have human character should by after battle everytime at first place in party, to prevent situation when human is going in catepillar after pokemon).
    I will be grateful for help.