[RMXP] Problem with Tileset Import

SrPoeMaker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello Maker! Thanks for stopping to read my post.
The following happens: I understand that the Tilesets in RPG Maker XP are 256x sizes ???
Whatever you want long, and each tile is 32x32.
The problem is that I downloaded some resources, they were not at 256, but at 96. I opened Photoshop, I converted it to 256 wide and when exporting it to the XP editor the Tiles were cut or merged, that is, they are not 32 by 32.
The only solution is to build Tile resources by Tile? That is, open the resource that interests you, cut, let's say a sign to 32x32 and copy it to another 256xYYY image?
Can you do Parallax in XP? Well, it is easier to do the whole map in PS and just add it as an image.
Thank you! I add image of the resource that I used as Tileset (But it is not the only one in which I have had this problem) Sorry about my English, I'm using a translator.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi there!

What you downloaded looks like it might have been a preview for a tileset, and scaling it up was a good idea! But as you can see they're quite blurry, and yes--might not fit quite right on the grid. I do usually build my tilesets one square a time, on a template with the grid squares so that I can make sure everything lines up the way I expect it to.

The good news is--the tileset you're looking at is actually made up of three tilesets from the RTP, and would be very easy to recreate in the correct size! Open up the Resource Manager, go into the Tilesets folder, find "001-Grassland01" (it will be the first of the tilesets with a blue icon next to it) and click Export. Do the same with 002-Woods01, 003-Forest01, and 035-Ruins01. Then, all you should need to do is paste them end to end in PS, or your graphics program of choice.

The tilesets should all export with a teal-colored background, so seeing where one ends and you should paste the next should be pretty straightforward. Then import your new tileset as usual!

As far as Parallax mapping goes, I think it's a bit different than how later engines handle it, but DantonSlip has a tutorial on how to do something similar!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11