RMXP Recent Grid Update

senmingwu

ʃən
Reaction score
First Language
Ingolish
Primarily Uses
Other
According to my timeline, I stopped using RMXP ~June 11th, 2020, and began using RM2k for a couple game jams. In the time between June 11th & now, July 12th, 1 month later, there was an update to RMXP adding a thick, black-lined grid to the map painter.

There seems to be no way to prevent this obnoxious grid, nor to toggle the grid off. I'm not a fan, and I don't want to break the engine apart to remove something that wasn't there before.

I haven't seen any threads online where anyone else seemed to notice this update. The only grid others have spoken to re: XP on these forums is the event grid, which is different. Picture attached showing the offending technology.

How do I remove this without invalidating the warranty/license of the engine?

Attachments

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't have the grid when mapping and I've been using XP this month.

senmingwu

ʃən
Reaction score
First Language
Ingolish
Primarily Uses
Other
Curious.. especially if yours doesn't have an 8x8 grid.
I haven't added or altered any scripts except for the panorama graphic per this thread:

It appears almost all data in project files was accessed & altered at 2300 on the 11th, too -- although I shut down pc & sleep from ~2030 each day. What a strange case.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I don't use that script, as I don't parallax map.

Have you tried to see if it appears when you make a new project? If it doesn't, it might be that script causing issues.

senmingwu

ʃən
Reaction score
First Language
Ingolish
Primarily Uses
Other
It still appears with new projects, and with projects that were made years ago. Although, now that I've seen that it doesn't carry into the game, and it's only visible in the map-painter, I suppose it's not as "agghhh!" as it seemed.

If this thread is closed/archived & I find the cause after, am I able to update one of my posts or would that be a separate thread?

ghorba96

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Go to tools, options and uncheck the valid box, it should disappear

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@senmingwu
most likely you have activated the map grid in the editor

I don't know about RMXP, but all newer makers have a map grid option in their settings, allowing an additional black grid to be displayed in the editor to help with mapping and map planning

senmingwu

ʃən
Reaction score
First Language
Ingolish
Primarily Uses
Other
Ahh, whoops. Not checking the options was a silly on my part!

Thank you ghorba96, Andar, and luzi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Shade the Mystic wrote on YouFulca's profile.
I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you that you are flipping amazing. I've listened to a few RM composers over the years, and while they all had their strengths, yours is the only work I'd dare call memorable. I honestly don't think I've heard such amazing RM scores outside of Yasunori Mitsuda, no joke. Keep up the amazing work!
Seamless secret passages just by painting a path with a region id. Simple but slick.
Playing with colour ramps. The first set is the originals, the ones only facing forward in different colour schemes are the new colours.

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smashbroly