Not open for further replies.

PCE_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello,
I'm new here and I don't know how to "use" this forum. If I'm false here, sorry.
And sorry uf I make Grammar mistakes. My First language is German.

I'm making a Pokemon Game with very big big Pokemon game. ButI often get stuck because I'm not pro in Rpg Maker XP like u are.
I use Pokemon Essentials. If you don't know Pokemon is ok, because I will explain my problem "understandable  4 everyone".

I want that this happen:

I fight a Wild Pokemon (Enemy). And I lose. If this happens the event should stop and every thing should reset till a moment bevore.

For example:

1. I walk into a House.
  2. There is my Rival.
  3. He fights me.
  4. I lose.
  5. I'm again in front of the house and the events are reset.
I hope you can help me!
Thank you!

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
I think this is a topic no one could help unless you give them the code... :S

PCE_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Isn't there a script or something that reset everything that happened till the one moment?

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
I'll look into it for you...

Perhaps you could send me an example of your code?

Like, your game?

I can help you, but I need to know exactly what problem your facing... like, where your stuck on. Is it something that you created? Or something that is already created for you?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your event, in the Call Battle Processing command, check the Continue Even When Loser box. That will give you a [When Win] and [When Lose] option.

Under the [When Win] option, add the commands you want to be run if you defeat your enemy.

Under the [When Lose] option, just do a Transfer Player and put them back outside the house. As long as you don't add any other commands that affect the event, when you walk back in, you will have to battle again.

You will probably need to give back some HP or something to make sure the game doesn't end because all your characters are dead.

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
I don't think it's that simple, Shaz... you see, we're working with a script here, all script developed. Almost none of those things were used in Pokemon Essentials.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you know? And who is "we"? Are you working on a game WITH the OP and you KNOW the project?

Nothing in the OP's post or any other posts in this thread indicate that it's a script (the OP ASKED if there was a script that reset things, but that doesn't indicate what's been done so far has been done as a script), nor was it posted in one of the script forums. The whole sequence of events listed looks just like something done in event code. And if it's NOT in event code, I'd be asking why not, because there's nothing in that list that CAN'T be done via events.

This IS an RPG Maker game we're talking about, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
How do you know? And who is "we"? Are you working on a game WITH the OP and you KNOW the project?

Nothing in the OP's post or any other posts in this thread indicate that it's a script (the OP ASKED if there was a script that reset things, but that doesn't indicate what's been done so far has been done as a script), nor was it posted in one of the script forums. The whole sequence of events listed looks just like something done in event code. And if it's NOT in event code, I'd be asking why not, because there's nothing in that list that CAN'T be done via events.

This IS an RPG Maker game we're talking about, isn't it?
Yes. May I send you an example...?

I know because I have the same project. We is the community. the Pokemon Community.

PCE_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
First of all: Sorry that I didn't post something in this Topic, but in Austria it was about ~00:00 and I had to sleep because school.

Can I send you a example?

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3532/3kqpa9ue_jpg.htm

You see: It dosn't matter if I win or lose. The Event will go on and show the "text: Pokemon: Oh i didn't won".  Than it will disapear because the selfswitch.

But I want that if I lose, that I'm back on the start of the event. 
I hope you understand my english :D

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Ok, so you want the pokemon to act like a trainer?

Hmm... you'll have to create an entire script for a pokemon replay just like the trainer replay.

Possibly contact the creator of Pokemon Essentials to implement it for you?

On the other hand, I found something that has to do with "Continue:"

It marks that a player will appear back where he was instead of heading towards a pokemon center when he is defeated by a trainer. Not sure if it works on pokemon. You must specify this

@>Script: pbWildBattle:)PBSpecies:NIDORAN,3)@>Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0)) #This is contact with eyes@>Text: Battle me now!@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::NIDORAN,"Nidoran",_I("I lost."),false,0,false) @>Control Self Switch: A =ON @> : Branch End@>Script: pbWildEndTook from this page: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Trainers

I'm not sure if this will work... :S

K I found it

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Event_encounters

pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::MEWTWO,70,1,false,true)This triggers an encounter with a Level 70 Mewtwo. The outcome of the battle is stored in Global Variable 1, and the player cannot run from the battle. If the player loses the battle against Mewtwo, their party will be fully healed instead of them blacking out.

PCE_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@gondracorn
Ok this is a little help for my problem. Thank you very much! And Thanks Shaz too.
Should I close this topic?
And if yes: How do I do that?  :)

PS: My game will be awesome (think) 

gondracorn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
@gondracorn

Ok this is a little help for my problem. Thank you very much! And Thanks Shaz too.

Should I close this topic?

And if yes: How do I do that?  :)

PS: My game will be awesome (think) 
For closing your topic, ask a moderator or admin. Your welcome

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take care of it.

For future reference, that snippet of code up there? That's an EVENT, not a SCRIPT :) Many people get the two confused and think they're scripting when they're really eventing. You just happen to be doing calls to a script as part of the event.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:
51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince