NardBruh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Title says it all, I've been wondering if there's a script that could possibly alter the limited amount of four save files possible in RPG Maker XP, as saving in different files will be extremely needed for my game.

Thanks in advance!

JorgeMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português - BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no easy way to do this in RPG Maker Xp, as far as I remember. It is programmed to have exactly 4 save slots, the Save/Load Scenes would have to be substantially redone to change that.
I don't know if there's any script available for this, but if you're interested, get in touch and I'll do it on demand.

edit:
I had read "Script call that allows more than 4 saves" lol, a little misunderstanding.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!

Recomended:
To avoid breaking the rules of placing code links without terms of use, I advise you to search Google for Many Many Save Files stupidstormy36.

Good luck!

NardBruh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello!

Recomended:
To avoid breaking the rules of placing code links without terms of use, I advise you to search Google for Many Many Save Files stupidstormy36.

Good luck!
I've tested it out, but, when I save the game, the file that is created in the game's folder becomes a .sav and the game is incapable of detecting its existence, I'm incapable of fixing this, do you have any idea on how I could?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
There is an error on line 80, just use a text editor.

Good luck

NardBruh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
I figured out the issue, for some reason the script had "Save#{file_index + 1}.sav" and "Save#{i+1}.sav" instead of "Save#{file_index + 1}.rxdata" and "Save#{i+1}.rxdata", that was why it couldn't register the files or find them in the folder.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
But I explained, the error was on line 80, just change "rxdata" to "sav" and it would search the files by this extension.

NardBruh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
So I guess I made the reverse of what you asked for, oops.

But that's not really a issue, considering it is working completely fine now.

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm a bit confused about this thread. Increasing the number of save files in XP isn't that hard. Some weeks ago I posted a little pack that contains one (Save File Modified) with 12 save files, and you can increase that by changing a single number on the script. I'm not saying you should use that one, but you can see it's not a complex thing to do at all.

Their file extension isn't very relevant either, but I don't see why would someone change it to "SAV", you gain nothing from that, and it seems less compatible... So I think you did well changing them back to "rxdata".

I recommend focusing on how you want the Scene File exactly, how everything should display, because that's the main difference between Scene File scripts. And once you got there, all you need is a simple tweak to increase the number of files, if needed.

As a side note, maybe you're interested on a File system completely different from default.

For example, I made a system a long time ago that allows naming the save files from the game and things like that, you can check it here. Similarly, there's also this one where the player can write a description.

You could also make a system where the stored data isn't overwrote and you can get back to previous saves, like a "Save Log", etc. Basically, don't think the default system is all you get because there's a lot you can do.

NardBruh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, to be fair, I have close to zero experience with scripting, so I don't know what's easy and what's complicated until I see the length of a script

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?
Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonysmith17