[RMXP] Script that allows to have more layers to the player/events' graphics?

Andrea87Sky

Just a random musician, eventer and spriter.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What I mean is basically, more graphics being on top of the player/events, and make them move exactly like them, with pixel movement or not. This is actually a system which is really useful in case you want to make the characters to have custom clothes, without have to make 900 different graphics for every kind of clothes changes.

I have no idea if I'm clear, but I will make another example just in case. Do you knowabout the game called Terraria? Well, Terraria has like 900+ accessories, which their graphics are separated from each other, and everytime you put multiple of them, the graphics correctly go on top of the player, showing them. If a system of separated player graphics didn't existed, then that thing was basically IMPOSSIBLE to make.

abomination.PNG

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The term is called "visual equipment", and I have seen a couple made for XP, but this was ages ago. Though I think they only applied to actor graphics, not events. I figure devs would just bite the bullet and make a new spritesheet for each unique NPC. Unless your NPCs are procedurally generated...

Andrea87Sky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The term is called "visual equipment", and I have seen a couple made for XP, but this was ages ago. Though I think they only applied to actor graphics, not events. I figure devs would just bite the bullet and make a new spritesheet for each unique NPC. Unless your NPCs are procedurally generated...
1) As you said, I'd need one for the events too. I'm planning to do really complicated stuff with them. Like making them actually change clothes or holding things in the hands in some parts of the game, or just randomly when you encount them in the overworld.

2) Most (and probably all) of the Visual Equipment scripts are related to weapons, armors and standard RPG Maker XP stuff. However, I don't use them. I just want a script that with a script call can put multiple graphics on top of the player or an event, that's it. Without including them.

Andrea87Sky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Andrea87Sky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Syddo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
H'lo, what you're looking for could be Me's Visual Equipment.
I haven't tried it so I can't confirm, but if it works you should be able to use it on events too as it's written in the script's first section. If you don't care about weapons and stuff you may just ignore it and use this mechanism anyway, I've seen it also can be used to personalize your hero (like eyes' color etc.) so it could be actually useful for your project. As I said, I haven't tried it yet so I hope it just works!

Me's Visual Equipment

Andrea87Sky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
H'lo, what you're looking for could be Me's Visual Equipment.
I haven't tried it so I can't confirm, but if it works you should be able to use it on events too as it's written in the script's first section. If you don't care about weapons and stuff you may just ignore it and use this mechanism anyway, I've seen it also can be used to personalize your hero (like eyes' color etc.) so it could be actually useful for your project. As I said, I haven't tried it yet so I hope it just works!

Me's Visual Equipment
This may be my solution, though I don't use and I don't want to use SDK, and it has been built with it, so I can't use it without it... is there a solution?

Also, I kinda don't know how to do use it for events and putting things that are not skin or hair, the instructions are kinda... a bit empty.

Edit: I also forgot to ask this, is it compatible with Zeus81's Advanced Movement System? 'cause I use that script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?
I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.
whoops, forgot to get started with Advent posts! coming shortly!

Another demo of the dynamic cloud cover system, this time complete with the original soundtrack composition (which sounds even goofier at this 2x playback speed). Much left to tweak but I like it so far.
And now, some custom emotions to give the character life... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vyre