NikuKomaeda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello! I've been messing around with RPG makers for a few years but i never made a complete project. I've settled with using RMXP and I have a few questions as there's a lot of things I cannot do there without scripting and info about this version is kinda scarce since people use VX instead ^^'

I am making a game that is basically a spin off of the Phantasy Star series (specifically PSIV) so i kinda wanted the battle system to be similar

Since I can't have number limited moves I was wondering if there's a way to put moves on a cooldown?
As in either disabling the move or deleting it for a few turns? I tried deleting it with a common event but it was still there next turn :(
I made it so the move called a common event that deleted it and set a timer for like 30 seconds, and on a conditional branch i'd have it so the move would be relearned once the timer was at 00 but the move just stayed there anyway.

I would also like to know if it's possible to show 5 party members in the menu and battles? I can take care of animations and the rest but I'd like to be able to have 5 party members visible at a time. If not i'll try to make it work with only 4.

I'm also a bit confused about the element resistances ;-;
I'd like to do something where healing items and skills don't affect Androids or Undead units and only certain items do. I made it a class but I'm not exactly sure how to make it work.

I can take care of the graphics and items, moves, stats and other stuff myself I just have a lot of trouble on the technical side of it ^^'
This is probably impossible without messing with the scripts but I don't really want to do something that might break my game. I hope there's still some solutions within the maker itself.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this <3 If i posted this in the wrong thread I am very sorry I'm still new to the forums too.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello welcome.
First, I advise you to learn how to use the engine without modifications, then trying to apply similar systems is a matter of researching a little:

The RMXP battle system is already frontal by default, so the ideal would be to modify the height of each character's "Battler" graphics so that it appears that the window is over the characters.

The height of the window is 160 pixels, so it is not very difficult to edit the graphics with this information.

Example:
RMXP-Battler-01-PhatasyStar.png

NikuKomaeda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello welcome.
First, I advise you to learn how to use the engine without modifications, then trying to apply similar systems is a matter of researching a little:

The RMXP battle system is already frontal by default, so the ideal would be to modify the height of each character's "Battler" graphics so that it appears that the window is over the characters.

The height of the window is 160 pixels, so it is not very difficult to edit the graphics with this information.

Example:
View attachment 188150
Thank you so much!! These will help for sure :D
I'll tinker a bit more with the program meanwhile :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.
Dear developers, exp gain scaling (reduced gain when you are over-leveled) suck. Please don't do it. Thank you.
Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript are now updated with their latest episodes, folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingofthejungle