Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,
Sorry, I think the title is misleading :) wasn't sure how to word it. I would like to have a roof on a house stay showing, and when the character gets to the doorway to enter the house I want the roof to disappear, then reappear when leaving the house. Is this possible, I cant get it to work :(
Thanks for any help

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that has been tried for years.
the quickest solution would be to add a picture centered and tailored to the house, but you wouldn't be able to scroll or move because that would cause lag on the picture (it'll tear or reveal the tiles underneath).
another way, would be to make a whole tileset dedicated to dealing with that roof as B-E tiles, and use events or tailored world tiles to draw the house below it (since B-E tiles can't share the same XY coordinates)

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you got scrollable Maps than get a Plugin to Fix Pictures to Map Position instead of Screen Position.
Than you can use the Pictures as Rooftops for your Mechanic.

Using Events as Roofs isnt good, because big Roofs with Event outside of screen would just suddenly pop into existence when the map scrolls.
Pictures dont have this problem.

A Steam user did this for his Project but you see the Evented Version his Map is Scrollable to some degree he worked around the Bug that can occure in the Evented Methode.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you all kindly for the info. I appreciate it. I found a way :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more
Seeing a lot more active Ace topics recently, is it making a comeback? :o
0-7, left-to-right, top-to-bottom
As soon as I'm able to get out of bed I'm probably gonna go so hyper from being too cooped up, and burn myself out into another awful flare. lol
It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krunga