XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well this is about the tilesets in rpg maker 2000 specifically the exterior tileset mainly the blue rooftop set in layer one basically when i use the red ones i have no problem with them but the blue ones i'm having an issue with since 

something seems to be off with the blue roof tiles. Took a screencap of what the issue is, as well taking a closer look at the exterior tileset by exporting it. Was wondering if there's a way to use the blue tileset effectively still.

PhotoshopElementsEditor_2016-01-21_13-10-18.png

RPG_RT_2016-01-21_13-10-46.png

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Huh. That's interesting. I've never noticed that before (because I've never used the RTP in RM2K) and as far as I can tell they're broken in the unofficial translation as well, which means that this is a long-standing problem (and yes, that I have both versions installed on my computer).

It's an easy fix though, so here is a fixed version:

LJ822U2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Huh. That's interesting. I've never noticed that before (because I've never used the RTP in RM2K) and as far as I can tell they're broken in the unofficial translation as well, which means that this is a long-standing problem (and yes, that I have both versions installed on my computer).

It's an easy fix though, so here is a fixed version:

LJ822U2.png

Well took a look at the fixed version, and it has the same issue the broken left side of the blue roof tileset. Though as you said it's a easy fix. The problem is the pattern that supposed the be the same as the red roof tileset is broken at the last pixel. I took a jab at this myself to fix it myself. and here's the result version of this from the screenshot  (Both left, and right sides of the blue roof tileset have this same issue.) Had to set the gridline in photshop elements to 16 and subdivisions 4 to see the pattern closely.

Though really thank you very much for the help Sated. This is a long standing problem that hasn't been noticed for so long and it's fixable easily.

EDIT: I added the edited tile that has the pattern corrected since compared in to the red one since it somewhat has a similar but different theme. 

RPG_RT_2016-01-21_18-39-25.png

16 x 16 Exterior Blue Roof Replace.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:
Well, shoot. I didn't mean for the title screen to be there in my previous post.
Can everyone here just forget about that until I'm actually ready to formally announce it?
No idea what do do with this space, nor how to fill it even if I did xD
smg.PNG
Making progress. And simplifying.
jV7qfoy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scary_Lemon