RMMZ Rose Engine[Easy 3D Game builder] MV & MZ - Followers Added !!!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If no one writes a tactical battle system, I'll definitely be writing my own though, so no worries there, just it may be a little bit of a wait for that.

i cant speak for LTBS or other tbs systems, but for SRPG (tbs system).. i am pretty sure someone tried to use MV3d (another 3d plugin) with SRPG and the main problem was to make the plugins that handle the range/movement ect, work with the 3d plugin..
So i guess this will have similar problems, but hopefully its easier to make that compatiblety, than to build a completly new TBS..

However, whatever happens on that topic, ill be waiting and watching^^ .. great work!
(making a tbs-project with 3d implemented would be very nice)

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan yeah, anything relating to maps is probably a safe bet to assume it wont' work, huds, or other UI related plugins will more than likely work, but nothing is for certain :/

Also quick update( some of these updates have been out for a while, but I didn't end up posting them in time so I apologize >.<' ).

RoseEngine_Core

● Version : 1.0.2
● Date : 12/26/2020
✩ 2030 TypeError: this.gamepadCameraZoom is not a function

RoseEngine_MapAddon

● Version : 0.10.0
● Date : 12/25/2020
★ Added followers!
✩ Fixed menu access in 3D Maps.

RoseEngine_Core

● Version : 1.1.0
● Date : 12/26/2020
★ Added Easing functions for camera.

RoseEngine_MapAddon

● Version : 0.11.0
● Date : 12/29/2020
★ Add - Camera Easing!
★ Add - Change Map Name Display Event Command!
★ Add - Change Battle Background Event Command!
✩ Fix - Event & Player follower collision.

citaskull

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you have a Discord? Would be a nice idea for the users to be able to discuss and showcase what they have done with the engine.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I do not have one set up, but I will look into it. :) thanks for the idea. :D

LeeRyuto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, can I check if the characters are able to walk under the non event tiles or only event tiles. Also is there a map size limit?

Starbird

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
As for a Discord or a forum on your web site. That would be great. Reason that would help me, I ried to get you on your web site. Question about the Rose engine. Will it work with PVGames medieval tilesets and sprites. They work in rpg maker mz so I'm hoping they do. I posted this question on youtube and I'm not sure if the "contact me" on your web site is working or how often you visit them. I finally found you here but I wasn't a member so I joined. You seem to be here more often so I thought I'd try. Hope this is ok. I would like to see about any support you might give or would I need to work through *******. Right now I'm only considering 3d in PVGame style but I would really like to support you if the engine is right for me.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LeeRyuto I'm not sure I understand this question could you elaborate a bit more please? ^^

@Starbird I will attempt to get a discord up hopefully within the month, It's been a bit of a rough time for me lately. ^^; I got your message from my website, and on youtube, but just have not had time to get to my pc. So I do apologize for that..

Any tilesets and sprites should be compatible with this engine, as it does not lock you to the RTP, just setup your tiles, and when you enter the 3D map editor, choose your new tileset, and you can use those tiles for your 3D game.~

Character sprites, are the same way, any sprites by PV should work. :) I've also got some really cool updates coming here before the week ends.~

It was meant to be out sooner.. but life happened T__T

Sorry again for the long delay though.

Any criticism, or feedback is defintiely welcome for the engine, It is still in beta, and has some very big changes coming before an official release, however, with that said, the engine is fully capable of building a full scale 3D game already. :)

Starbird

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks, I'm just getting started on my game. The story board is written. Just gathering my resources. RPG Maker MZ $80 to start with, ugh! Assets.. and then the Rose Engine all are adding up. Any thoughts on the differences between Rose Engine and RPD3d? You have said you are adding features.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right now it is done via playtest, but will there be a separate map editor later? (I think there were some DLCs that had a button to launch a separate program or you could launch them manually).

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3D FrontView battles is allowed with Rosen?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chaucer, you did what RM devs should did with RPG MAKER MZ, option to go "2.5D". They should hire you. I love your engine, I hope it's getting better and better!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick