RMVXA Rough game idea

Wakawaka24

AhuuWaku
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there! I'm super new, just barely learning the scene and languo with RPG Maker, and I was hoping to get some feedback or guidance on what I should do next for this project of mine!

I'll be including rough images and a thread I made on Twitter for my more rambly thoughts. In short, this game I've envisioned will have a story to it, combat where you can dodge and have special attacks, various boss battles, and sprinkled in romance featuring the two leads. Here's an image with more of my thoughts to it and the leads!
20200714_101456.png
I'm mostly an artist, not at all a programmer, so it has been challenging trying to figure out the best first steps for this. So currently, I'm learning how to use RPGMaker VX Ace Lite but ideally I'll get to make it in MV. Though I am unsure if certain game mechanics would even be possible to have considering I really want a rhythm minigame in it and a bullet hell-esque boss battle. However I'd like to accomplish this Outline which will be the games 'prototype' and/or demo.

Attachments

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like your concept sketches a lot.

By adding things like rhythm game sections and bullet hell sections, you're going to essentially be doing all the work to create multiple different games. It's possible to do that, but pretty difficult, in RPG Maker. I would recommend completing the entire "bread and butter" of your game first (whatever constitutes most of the gameplay or appeal of the game), and adding additional modes of play like rhythm or bullet-hell bosses after that's all completely implemented.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seconded, really hot sketches! :biggrin: I also like your basic story, since it's got a nice conflict built in. Aaand I like the "people are prejudiced against my friend, we're gonna prove them wrong!" angle. But, if the conflict stems from the other miko finding out, how does it follow that the final boss is a giant demon? Is it just, "You gotta prove Yuyuki's innocence by defeating all these demons"? Somehow, from a storytelling perspective, that seems a bit lame...

zeroace074

Making sick games and forgetting I can draw
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These concept sketches are really good, along with the idea itself!

If you do get another rm engine other than VX Ace lite, I would wait for MZ to come out to make your project because some of the new features would help a lot, no matter what ideas you have in mind. There are also plenty of different tutorials and guides here on this forum and on youtube and reddit that would be able to help you get the rhythm game system and the bullet hell system down. Good luck with your project :kaopride:

Wakawaka24

AhuuWaku
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like your concept sketches a lot.

By adding things like rhythm game sections and bullet hell sections, you're going to essentially be doing all the work to create multiple different games. It's possible to do that, but pretty difficult, in RPG Maker. I would recommend completing the entire "bread and butter" of your game first (whatever constitutes most of the gameplay or appeal of the game), and adding additional modes of play like rhythm or bullet-hell bosses after that's all completely implemented.
Oh for sure! I plan on doing the basic/core functions first before I try doing any of the 'ambitious' ideas

Wakawaka24

AhuuWaku
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seconded, really hot sketches! :biggrin: I also like your basic story, since it's got a nice conflict built in. Aaand I like the "people are prejudiced against my friend, we're gonna prove them wrong!" angle. But, if the conflict stems from the other miko finding out, how does it follow that the final boss is a giant demon? Is it just, "You gotta prove Yuyuki's innocence by defeating all these demons"? Somehow, from a storytelling perspective, that seems a bit lame...
Right! So, the others do find out and want to seal her back up because she'll be a danger, so Sakura thinks that by taking care of a certain demon that even the miko can't take care of, her friend will earn their respect! Sorry for the unclearness I wasn't sure how to shorten this little bit of explanation.

Wakawaka24

AhuuWaku
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These concept sketches are really good, along with the idea itself!

If you do get another rm engine other than VX Ace lite, I would wait for MZ to come out to make your project because some of the new features would help a lot, no matter what ideas you have in mind. There are also plenty of different tutorials and guides here on this forum and on youtube and reddit that would be able to help you get the rhythm game system and the bullet hell system down. Good luck with your project :kaopride:
It's definitely gonna be awhile before I get to certain stuff in the game so I can totally wait for it haha and thank you so much! I'll be keeping an eye out for sure

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right! So, the others do find out and want to seal her back up because she'll be a danger, so Sakura thinks that by taking care of a certain demon that even the miko can't take care of, her friend will earn their respect! Sorry for the unclearness I wasn't sure how to shorten this little bit of explanation.
Okay! Sounds like a banger! :biggrin: (Also I can't get over how hot the leads look!)

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad to see this topic finally get the attention it deserves! :D

@Wakawaka24 Double-posting (posting directly beneath yourself unless it's been a few days since the last post) is against forum rules, so in the future if you need to quote multiple people, just use the Multi-Quote function (which is the little "+Quote" label on each existing post - just click those on the posts you want to quote, then click the INSERT QUOTES button that will appear in the text entry box where you normally type your post).

Wakawaka24

AhuuWaku
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay! Sounds like a banger! :biggrin: (Also I can't get over how hot the leads look!)
WHEW thank ya! And hopefully I'll get to draw them more to share

Glad to see this topic finally get the attention it deserves! :D

@Wakawaka24 Double-posting (posting directly beneath yourself unless it's been a few days since the last post) is against forum rules, so in the future if you need to quote multiple people, just use the Multi-Quote function (which is the little "+Quote" label on each existing post - just click those on the posts you want to quote, then click the INSERT QUOTES button that will appear in the text entry box where you normally type your post).
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE EXPLINATIONNN I wasn't too sure what the quote thing was for or how to work it even though I read the rules over and over @__@"" !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterwave18