Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Round1Sub.png

It's time for the tournament bracket to kick off for round 1 with our first theme, and that theme...

Home Town

All participants listed below, submit your map entry by sending it by PM to @RPGMakerWeb
using the same rules as the Qualifiers round. Be sure to submit before the deadline.

You have until April 12th, 11:59 Pacific to submit!

@Elhijei, @WaywardMartian, @hinola, @Calamitous Magic, @IguanaGuy, @Vis_Mage, @Aesica, @Puffer,
@EmmaB, @Gabo, @Ash_Dilan, @slimmmeiske2, @Punamaagi, @CoryH, @Asterleena, @bjorn56

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I have a confirmation as to what the rule is about having people on the map please? I'm asking because the winning map from the previous round had people, so I'm a bit confused...

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^ This, especially given the fact that the theme involves a town scene. Thankfully not a whole town, though....

hinola

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Best to not put in character sprites. Obviously you can use sprites that are for objects (like chests/torches, etc.)

There is nothing in the rules against the use of characters sprites, just a recommendation, I guess.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I would also like some clarity on it to be honest. I didn't add any as per your post, but that ended up giving a weird vibe to my map apparently.
I'm fine either way, I just want the rule to be clearer than it currently is. :)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, you can add people. Sorry for slow reply.

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally I think it distracts from the creativity time and effort put into the map, but I guess an empty town might give a wrong vibe/feeling in some cases. I think the idea is not to create a scenario, but a map so if too much action gets added that might muddle the judging a bit.

Ash_Dilan

Village Idiot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I take a screenshot that includes events of the doors? Would it be better if I just add the doors to the tileset?

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use windows screenshot on a playtest of your game and then import that screenshot into an art program (I use GIMP but I don't know what you have available to you.)
How do I take a screenshot that includes events of the doors? Would it be better if I just add the doors to the tile

Ash_Dilan

Village Idiot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use windows screenshot on a playtest of your game and then import that screenshot into an art program (I use GIMP but I don't know what you have available to you.)
I didn't realize that you could use the Community_Basics plugin to fix the resolution size. It was taking me a little bit to figure how to properly take the screenshot in-game.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By home town does it mean like a typical starting village in RPGs or could it be our own interpretation of the term "home town" (for example: a dark street, in space, in some weird realm of oblivion etc,...) ?

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By home town does it mean like a typical starting village in RPGs or could it be our own interpretation of the term "home town" (for example: a dark street, in space, in some weird realm of oblivion etc,...) ?
Any reasonable interpretation of the theme is fine. The point of the themes is to be broad enough that people can do a lot of different stuff with them.

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All but 4 entries are in. I sent a PM reminder to the 4 contestants I have not received a map from yet. If you did not receive a PM reminder, I have your map.

Deadline is tonight everyone! Thanks.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best of luck everyone on the first round!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you everyone we have all our submissions in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png
Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingMeteor277