Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I need a Lane/Row battle system for one of my many, MANY, games.
Basically, i need a battle system that lets you change the formation of characters every turn, by using a move command which would move to any column/lane if a character is not occupying that space.
And the monsters would use the same tactic.

Attacks would work like PvZ attacks, targeting 1, 2, 3 , 4 or all lanes with note-tags. It would also be sideview, and have special enemy and actor formats.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about Soulpour one, but l do know that YE Row formations has lots of bugs. I had to commission somebody to fix them and they even appear sometimes. The enemy row position is also very jarring and clunky and takes in consideration hidden enemies for the rox index position which breaks the whole thing up.

Overall, I would suggest that you take a look at soulpour first, if it doesn't work take YE but forget about changing row in combat unless you forget about the visual aspect altogether.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not formations, silly! I need a battle system! And that only.
Like this!
pvz1_ss1.jpg

Except with 5 people only, and only 8 non-moving enemies.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you call us silly yet this is exactly what you were looking for; rows.

If you're looking for something else specific by copy pasting another game, no one is going to make a specific combat system like that just for you unless you pay over $1000 since thats over 20k lines of coding.

Mooshry

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not a remake, silly! Just a smaller combat system that is not the whole pvz game in disguise!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeviancePrime