einlanzer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is an awesome plugin, but I'm having a rather frustrating (but relatively minor) issue with character positioning. My game is using 1024 x 768 resolution and a maximum party size of 5 characters with the default 3 rows. I've spent a lot of time tinkering with the position settings in the plugin and can't seem to get optimal behavior (the default settings were way off). The biggest thing I'm struggling with is inconsistency in positioning on the x axis.

When I have, for example, my party split between the front and middle rows with no one in the back, then it kind of sandwiches the rows together (creating overlap in the animations) AND pushes them both further inward toward the enemies, which just looks kind of odd. When I move someone to the back row, it re-positions everyone, widening the gap between the front and middle rows and spacing everyone apart more. This seems like the opposite of what should happen.   

Has anyone come up with optimal positioning formulas using settings similar to mine, or does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

edit: just realized this should probably go in the script support board. Please move if needed. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe I had that same problem a long time ago.

What I did was just change the X parameters to make it a little bigger so that way, they can be spaced out not next to each other breathing on their necks. Try messing around with the row home x 1, 2, and 3 to space them out horizontally. Try the row home y to space them out vertically.

Though I am not sure if that helps, try putting a screenshot so that others can see the problem. Also, you can report your post to move this thread. ^^ Hope this helps.

Edit: Is this for VX Ace or MV?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to Javascript?Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

einlanzer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Javascript?Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Token condescension is silly and unnecessary - we don't all visit the forums frequently, much less moderate them. But, thanks for moving it. 

I believe I had that same problem a long time ago.

What I did was just change the X parameters to make it a little bigger so that way, they can be spaced out not next to each other breathing on their necks. Try messing around with the row home x 1, 2, and 3 to space them out horizontally. Try the row home y to space them out vertically.

Though I am not sure if that helps, try putting a screenshot so that others can see the problem. Also, you can report your post to move this thread. ^^ Hope this helps.

Edit: Is this for VX Ace or MV?

Thanks for the reply. It's for MV. So, oddly, it seems to only happen when I have someone in a row immediately behind a row where 3+ party members are. If 2 or fewer members are in each row, the spacing is correct. If I put a 3rd person in the front row, it pushes the middle row up to where they overlap the front row during movement, and ditto for the middle/back rows.  

See attached for examples.

View attachment Rows.docx

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadFissure