RPG/ Game Design Podcast?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
hello!

I’m looking for a new game design podcast to listen to on my way to work, and my way home from work. I figure I can do some “dev work” and research as I travel too!

Does anyone have any good suggestions? Any game dev podcast would be good for me, but I really want to find one dedicated to rpg design as that’s what I’m creating too!

Thanks!

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there! Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question more directly, but I've been looking for the same thing as well recently, and haven't found any (video) game design podcasts that I would call good.

Short of anything directly related to JRPG design, though, I highly recommend the Themed Attraction Podcast. Although it focuses mostly on theme parks and museums rather than video games, their guests have truly awesome advice about Placemaking, Interactivity, Illusion, the business of entertainment, and how to achieve moments of wonder - and I've found those concepts to be really useful in my pursuits as a game designer.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
@Wavelength thanks for the quick reply! I’ll definitely check it out!

I agree completely, I’m been looking for a good design podcast in the game space for a long time! I haven’t really found a good one, but I’ve found lots of great YouTube channels lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

OMG! There's a rat themed Steam profile wallpaper for 5k lunar tokens. I want it so badly!
Huh, lots has changed since I've been away...
It's almost new year, again!
Succesfully finished a quest of saving my kitty who fell from a wall!

+25XP

MrKiwi leveled up!
MrKiwi learned how to save his kitty!
Final sprint for me, although a long one. If everything goes well, I'll graduate by the end of the year. Then I'll have to take the Bar classes and exams (4 months), then I'm off to practicing law (as an intern for 6 months, paid of course, then I'll be a full fledged attorney).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RezaMaulana98