RPG hero VS

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Adonael, Jul 17, 2018.

?

Winner?

1. Dart

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Cloud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vahn

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Adonael

Adonael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was giving a little thought out of idle hands, and wondered who would win in a three way brawl.

Dart VS Cloud VS Vahn.

A little research might be needed to participate, and lets keep the debate to the characters abilities rather than post that can be summed up as "He wins because he is my favorite <333333"

Also any special transformations/end game gimmicks won't factor into this debate. We'll be focusing on the base skills and abilities you use through a majority of the game. (So no Dragoon for you Dart.)

Descriptions:

[​IMG]

"Dart Feld is the protagonist of The legend of Dragoon. He is the son of Zieg Feld and Clair Feld, and was one of the few survivors of the tragedy that befell his home town of Neet in which a mysterious "Black Monster" attacked and almost obliterated the town, killing everyone he knew. Years later, Dart would set out to seek out revenge on the creature who destroyed his hometown. He would later return to a grand adventure ahead of him."

[​IMG]

"An arrogant and proud swordsman at first, Cloud introduces himself to AVALANCHE as a former member of an elite warrior unit called SOLDIER who has turned mercenary, and uninterested in anything beyond his hired task at hand. He later discovers more about his past and, with the help of his friends, learns there is more to being a hero than possessing physical strength and fame, developing compassion for the Planet and people he fights to protect. He fights to protect the Planet against his nemesis, Sephiroth."

[​IMG]

"Vahn is the main protagonist of Legend of Lagaia. He is a silent protagonist, though the player has a variety of options for Vahn to use and he speaks during battle. Vahn lives with his father, Val, and his sister, Nene, in the village of Rim Elm in Drake Kingdom"

Now that I have the base up I'll let all of you decide who you think would win. I will put my thoughts up later.

All images and descriptions where borrowed from various fan wikis. Each character belongs to their respective game and game company.

2. Benny Jackdaw

Benny Jackdaw Ratty! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I can't really pick a side, but I have all three of those games. Legend of braids going was a little too dark and serious for my taste. I loved the combo system in Legend of Legaia, as well as all the Serus you could collect. Final Fantasy 7 is a game I got kind of annoyed at every time I see someone say how overrated the game is. I, personally, think it deserves the popularity it gets. Simple, to the point game play, plenty of diversions, and I also love the fact that it's a rare game that has non-human playables. Even better is that the two nonhuman playables are a fat fur and one that's not even anthropomorphic. Now it is, it feels like Final Fantasy can't make a true non-human good guy. The races from Final Fantasy XIV were an insult to my intelligence. As well, I also loved Legend of Legaia to bits as a kid. It had a unique battle system and, again, plenty of good diversion yes. Sometimes I even go back just to fight that winged lion, because there is something legitimately scary about that thing that makes it a cool and satisfying boss. I also have a soft spot for Aps from Final Fantasy 7. Big ugly sewer monster with an attack that hurts everyone, including himself. Something about bosses that do that is kind of charming for some reason.

Oh, sorry about chewing your ear off. If I had to choose a winner between the three, assuming Cloud it doesn't get Knights of the Round, well... Honestly I really can't. Just giving my two cents Final Fantasy 7 and Legend of Legaia. Honestly, I just wasn't that big of a fan of Legend of Dragoon.

Jhale M. likes this.
  3. Jhale M.

Jhale M. Goddess of health, purity and truth. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I think it is unfair to not have transformations while you give Cloud Omnislash so I actually thought about it as if Omnislash was a "special endgame gimmick" I voted for Vahn because Dart doesn't have much without Dragoon form and Cloud can only use limit break maybe once in a fast paced battle. I played most of Legend of Dragoon and played all of Final Fantasy VII, but only played a demo for Legend of Legaia. The reason I decided he was stronger is because of his more adaptable and intense style. He fights with his whole being while Cloud and Dart have somewhat flashy/empty moves.

Adonael likes this.