FREE RPG In Early Development (LOOKING FOR MANY)

homietwin

First timer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CODE NAME: ESSENCE

Hi Everyone,

This is a project I had actually started 2 years ago. I had begun recruiting for help with it when very unexpected death happened in my family which pushed everything on a back burner. I am at a point in my life where I am ready to relaunch this project and find those who are willing to help me with it. I have several pages of notes, characters created, and side stories for many of the characters.

Below I share some information about this project and the skills I am seeking for this project. IF you have any questions about anything involving this project feel free to leave a post or send me a direct message. I am usually pretty quick in responding to all forms of communication.

General Information:
Engine: RPG Maker MV
Game Release(s): Free(With Potential to go Commercial down the road), English
Genre(s): Action, RPG, Fantasy, Dungeon Crawler

Synopsis:
"In life we are often mislead to believe certain things as the truth, when in reality the truth is often hidden away or never reached. In this game, Kali is pictured as a renegade of the land; one who must prove his innocence by arriving at the essence of his predicament. The Kingdom of Faymoor believes itself harmed and potentially destroyed by one of their own who they had grown to love. Essence is also the main source in which a Sage (Name of an individual who can cast magic) utilizes their powers. However for a Sage to tap into this power they must be willing to give a part of themselves away.

The World:

The world consists of one large and two small continents yet too be named. The continents are split into five unique major powers with the two most powerful being Keldemar and Faymoor.

Keldemar is known for its vast natural resources which helps spread its economic wealth and power. It's lands are covered with mines, dense forests, large fishing lakes, and abundant farm lands.

Faymoor is a nation known for its vast use of machines and the magic which gives those machines life.

Currently the world is at a very fragile peace. Keldemar and Faymoor have never truly gotten along and the nations have a long history of bloody wars.

As of now the other Countries will play minor roles in the game however they will have something unique about each of them which will be decided upon in the future.

Characters: All Character Names, background, and Story are subject to change.

Kali Kaifa:
He is the main character of the story. He was wrongfully convicted of the murder of the King and Queen of the land as well as the kidnapping of the princess. Throughout the journey he tries to prove his innocence and uncover the identity of the individual who framed him.

Ashli Driesel: Her parents and older brother were taken from her during the last war. Alongside Kali, she joins the Royal Army with hopes to protect those who are still alive.

Lenny: A dim witted troll who doesn't know his real name but decided on Lenny because it sounded pretty. He is an animal lover who constantly causes trouble for those around him. He refuses to eat meat and hates those who harm animals and would go out of his way to save the lovable creatures.

Patrick Mackinley: He is a Captain in the Royal Army and is the one commissioned to hunt down the renegade Knight. He believes Good shall always prevail and Evil punished. He does all in his power to find Kali and will stop at nothing to meet that goal no matter the cost.

Horlamin Shaendithas Panamros: At the age of 136, Horlamin is the oldest Essentulite alive and possesses arcane power far greater then those of his predecessors. Having lived most of his life in solitude, Horlamin isn't to happy when Kali first appears on his doorstep and their first encounter is one Kali will never forget.

Clayton Whidbee: Top of Keldemar's most wanted list, Clayton is known for his reckless behavior and skills as an extraordinary thief. Full of information involving the criminal network, Kali seeks him out with hope he would have some insight about those who were responsible for his "crimes".

Nali Nadeau: Successor to the throne of Faymoor, she was kidnapped during the time of her parent's assassination. If she can be found, Nali will replace the Council as the leading body of the Kingdom. Currently her whereabouts are unknown.

These Early Game Screenshots were from when I first put this project together. As I have decided to restart this project from scratch these early game screen shots may or may not be present when we start test playing it.

Early Game Screen Shots:
I used some of the default tilesets, created a few of my own, and then utilized Parallel mapping to create more realistic maps.

Last time I launched this project I tried to hire on every position as quickly as possible but I feel that was a mistake as people sat around waiting for themselves to be needed. As such I am breaking this down in parts and will add people as needed. The list below is what I currently need as well as my Role in this project.

My Role: Writing a large part of the story, Some Variables, Some Puzzle's, and Some Paralex Mapping.

What I need:

Writers- Help with the story line(Most Important), creating side quests(After main story line is mostly complete), and dialogue for the game(As needed).

This is the most important role right now as I want at least 2 or 3 to help me develop and design the entire story line. I will share with these individuals what I already have and we will go and brainstorm everything from there.

Mappers-
Designing the Game World using Paralex Mapping and
tile-sets

Using MV these individuals will begin to create the world map, the major cities, and the other locations as needed.

Character/Sprite Designers- People who create and edit characters and sprites as needed in order to give life to the world.

Working with the writing team to determine character needs, these individuals will help design the actual characters for the game.

Though I am not currently recruiting these positions, these are what I will be looking for in the future. This is mainly here in case anyone sees something they may be interested in and wants to be kept in the loop.

Future Positions:
Database- Creating items, Skills, weapons, etc for the game.

Script Variable expert and Event Editors- Those who help create the scripts and events needed for each map and ensures each event transitions smoothly from one instance to the next.

Programmer- Assists in creating the menus, programmable unique features, etc.

Composers- Bringing the world to life with music and sound

We will primarily be using Discord to gather everything together and work on the project. So Discord is MANDATORY if you want to work on this project with me. Also please keep this in mind. Creating a game, especially a good one, takes a lot of hard work, patience, dedication, and time. This isn't something which can be put together in just a few months as many games can take years to create. So I am looking for people who are serious about creating a game and are in it for the long haul. If this is you, and you believe you can fill one of the positions listed earlier, feel free to respond below and we can discuss everything in more detail.

As this is a free game everyone who works on it will be given Credit at the end of it. I also plan to give everyone who works on it the option to be a Side Quest Giver, a Side Quest Boss, or a NPC somewhere in the world.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just curious, is Lenny a reference to "Of Mice and Men"?

homietwin

First timer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It wasn't actually but I can see the comparison very easily now that you point it out.

Nemesis808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need a writer? <snip> Contact if interested. Also, am a game designer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemesis808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Discord ID Nemesis808#0677

homietwin

First timer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nemesis I keep searching for your name and can't find it. Are you sure that is correct? Mine is Essence#9056

Gabbypie64

Aster World Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want a pixel artist I'm available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oddball wrote on The_Sarah's profile.
Today: started the Army HQ. I opted for a bulky, heavy design.
Did YOU know that "$game_switches[55] = true" and "$game_switches[055] = true" do completely different things, and you should never leave a zero in? I didn't. :p
mzActor2.png mzSF_Actor2.png, mzSchoolActor2.png added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xetnal