RPG Maker 1.5 will not delpoy to android.

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
14
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good day to you all.

I have been using rpgmaker to make android deployed apps for about a year now.

I decided to update to 1.5 and I started a new project, however on deploy it failed and I was busy searching for an answer. I am unable to force a log on my pc for some reason, but I digress. Another user posted this( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/type-error-for-android-deployment-in-rmmv-1-5-0.80359/ ) and I was able to see a crash log.

Guess what plugin seems to be the issue. the new Pixi.js

SO I did some testing.

Upgraded a project I have at 1.3.4 that did export and work to 1.5 = failure, crashed on start.

Made a new blank project in 1.5 = failure, crashed on start.

Took the project I made in 1.5 and 'downgraded' it with the js and index files of my old game = exported and works!!!!! (tho with some bugs due to misconfigs).


After these tests, I am fairly confident in stating that rpgmaker 1.5's new pixi cannot deploy to android at the moment, causing an undefined error immindately upon starting the app.
 

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
23
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I did update to 1.5 I got undefined error on startup too. I thought it was a plugin incompatibility.
 

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
14
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I did update to 1.5 I got undefined error on startup too. I thought it was a plugin incompatibility.
at first I also assumed so, however you can try to deploy even the base new project and even that fails.
 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
14,658
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
We took a look into this.
Unfortunately, Intel XDK has no "document.fonts" on android and our issue in Graphics.js from the RMMV source code. In short, it's not exactly Pixi that's causing the problem but it seems like the community core script.

EDIT: Here's a temporary fix
line 1720 of rpg_core.js , add this line:
Graphics._cssFontLoading = false
 
Last edited:

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2015
Messages
113
Reaction score
31
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
We took a look into this.
Unfortunately, Intel XDK has no "document.fonts" on android and our issue in Graphics.js from the RMMV source code. In short, it's not exactly Pixi that's causing the problem but it seems like the community core script.

EDIT: Here's a temporary fix
line 1720 of rpg_core.js , add this line:
Graphics._cssFontLoading = false
thanks, it seems to be working fine now. Is this font loading part of the performance improvement or it does not matter?
 

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
14
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We took a look into this.
Unfortunately, Intel XDK has no "document.fonts" on android and our issue in Graphics.js from the RMMV source code. In short, it's not exactly Pixi that's causing the problem but it seems like the community core script.

EDIT: Here's a temporary fix
line 1720 of rpg_core.js , add this line:
Graphics._cssFontLoading = false
What about for people not using the intel XDK?

When I export my projects to android I use python, crosswalk and the apache ant.

Also in the project I exported I had deleted and disabled all plugins, including the community core.

Not at home atm, but when I get there i'll try the fix and see if the crash is resolved reply again.

(not trying to be picky, just hoping to solve all the issues).


EDIT:

Okay so I got home and made a project WITHOUT the community core script which still crashes.

Did the temp fix and the base project does indeed export and work now, however my method isn't intel xdk, but the method used in the help file tutorial.
 
Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
14,658
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Community Core Script is just an append script. The OSS community edited the CORE scripts themselves. Did you follow the line instruction I told you to do so?
 

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
14
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Community Core Script is just an append script. The OSS community edited the CORE scripts themselves. Did you follow the line instruction I told you to do so?
Yes. I mentioned it in the second part of my edit. I am getting projects to export by adding that line.
 

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
14
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.

Forum statistics

Threads
98,059
Messages
948,974
Members
129,339
Latest member
Beachsidey0
Top