RPG Maker 2000/2003 Variable Inspector

EN.I

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

Hello! I just released this tool and I want to share here, hoping it will be useful to someone that uses RPG Maker 2000/2003 (personally I had dreamed about having a tool like this many years ago).

As name said, this is a simple tool made for inspecting switches and variables in realtime. This come handy when you are making engines or some sort of other complex events that requires to have a live-tracking of switches/variable values (without having to press F9 many times or putting debug messages everywhere to track values).

Download (link to github): https://github.com/elsemieni/RPGMaker2k3VarInspector/releases

Instructions
Basic instructions are following.

• Select your version of RPG_RT of your game that you will use with this tool. (If you use official english release, use the first option).
  • Execute your game and set a switch and a variable before. That's important beacuse without setting them the tool will be unable to detect the executable.
  • Click on (Re)Attach RPG_RT to connect the tool to the RPG_RT process.
  • Start adding variables and/or switches that you want to live inspect.

By tool limitations you must add the switches/variables that you want to see. You can do it with Add button. Also you can save your variable listings for future use (so you can setup your watches once).

RPG_RT supported versions
In general this tool is compatible with official english releases of RPG Maker 2000/2003. However, it's also compatible with some good-old versions as well (compatible with some popular patches too), if you want.

It's kinda obvious too, but I want to inform that this tool is NOT compatible with Maker XP, VX(a) or MV. But making a script/plugin recreating the functionality of this tool won't be too hard.

You can also take a peek at the source code at Github: https://github.com/elsemieni/RPGMaker2k3VarInspector
This tool is under compilance of official RPG Maker 2003 Patch EULA.

Just not much more to say. Hope some people find this useful! ^^

kainworks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hey EN.I!
Is nice seeing people still supporting RM2K/RM2K3!
Thanks a lot for making this tool! ^^

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Wow! This is incredible! I wish I had known about this just a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks for your hard work! :kaojoy:

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
OMG This is so awesome. I can immediately think about a dozen of times this month where this would've saved me a good 20 minutes. Or maybe 2 hours total lol.

I can see from the screenshot that it works with Maniacs too, which is absolute perfection! Though maybe you could state it somewhere in the thread, because I can see someone asking hahah

Anyway, god, this is SUCH a spectacular tool. <3 Beautiful to see stuff like this being put out in 2020. Developing on 2020 is bizarrely only getting more and more convenient...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.
Urgh. That sense of frustration when I tell my husband the plot of my game, bullet points, and at the end he looks and me and says 'that's it? Final Fantasy has more twists and turns.' Me: Ahrug! Bullet points!
Another day, another microwave accidently set on fire! >.< I just wanted popcorn for a movie night...
Have alot of moving parts rights now but I'm excited to say Fallen Feather is transitioning into phase 2 of production soon and once I get a few things in a row I can't wait to update my games in development thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuyetky01