Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this possible? If so how would I go about doing this?
Thanks for reading.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the console makers are incompatible with the computer-based makers.

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you asking to port the engine or the game made in that engine so that you can play it on pc? The answer to both is the same as far as I know (that would be no, sorry), but it might make a difference if somebody else knows better.

HOWEVER...

It's still possible in a roundabout way. If you own that RM, you could download an emulator and do things that way. Of course, if you don't own the disc, that would be illegal, and shame on you; emulator software itself doesn't typically belong to Sony, so there's no copyright risk, but that's not true of ISOs or ROMs for those emulators.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the disk and just wanted to record my very old simple game on there. :( Oh well.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a very wrong place for this topic... RPG Makers for consoles are not managed in this forum and there aren't any engine-ports.
PS1-emulators usually are supporting real PS-CDs (of which, a backup could also be created very easy, which I recommend to do before it breaks), so you just have to still have a drive in your PC (is a bit shocking to see some people don't).

I guess your makergame-data is saved on a MemoryCard. To get it onto PC you may need additional hardware, like an adapter or a card that e.g. uses SD-cards instead of internal space.

~炬燵あ

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
All you have to do is get the save ripped to pc and then emulate the game rom since you already own the game its legal and then run it in an emulator.

Interact DexDrive
As I went through a lengthy process to convert saves on my memory card so that I can play them on my PSP, I can tell you the process isn't easy to understand.

1) The (original, not 2.00.9.20, as I've found it doesn't work right)Dexplorer software will rip the data from your each of your memcards in a bundled file called ".GME". As this cannot be read, download a program called MemcardRex 1.5 so that you will be able to access the GME file.

2) It displays a little like WinRAR, and you should be able to see all your individual save files on the card. Right click your desired game file and select 'Export save'. It will save as a ".mcs" file

3a) Using a program called PSX Game Edit, make a "New MC Image". Select File > Open Single Game Save and select the previously created ".mcs" file. Click the radio button of the 'master' save file(if they are linked for games like Harvest Moon and other multi-slot saves) and then select File > Save Memory Card Image. It will save as a ".mc" file. This is a required conversion that will not work by renaming the filetype.

3b) Rename the ".mc" extension to a ".mcr" file. Yes, here you can simply change the filetype by renaming.

And that is it, I believe. As PC PSX emulators only require ".mcr" save files, at least espxe does, you can begin playing your old game saves on your PC

Personally if the game isnt too big I would try recreating it for fun on the pc in an emulator.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_7_2022_0_23_50.png
Unleash the hype beam...
hjyI4gQ.png

Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This tracks the current amount of items needed to finish a quest. Once you meet the requisite, it turns into "complete" because I figured it would be a good way to tell the player they're done. Also it stops numbers from going off of the UI.

Tortoise attacks black shoes. Hope everyone is doing well. :)
Banging my head on a wall balancing.
Game Making Every Day #13 :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinomedio