RPG Maker 2003 How to make an encyclopedia/bestiary?

SoniverseU

An RPG Maker Nooberton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I want to make an encyclopedia or something similar for my game but I don't really know how. Is there a way to do it with events or is there a plugin that helps me with this?

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
A bestiary or encyclopedia always seemed like an ambitious thing to me, but I think it would be possible. You could make the encyclopedia split up into multiple items to make it not take a colossal amount of time to go through (Kingdom Hearts sort of did this). But you could also have a location (maybe even an item that teleports you to that location) to make the organization of this information even more quick. But in general, you will need to show a picture and then either show text with it, or have text in the picture that you painstakingly drew or scaled down from a text program. I believe Microsoft word can put pictures in-line with text efficiently so you could use that before down-sizing.

About having the itemized encyclopedia... You will need to set an item to "Switch" and make a global event that uses that switch and is set to parallel process. You don't want to use autorun because it will only process the event once per map instance probably. The event should turn the switch back off when it is done so that the book doesn't keep popping up and it seems the best point to place this is at the first choice given to start looking through the data.

And for the teleport to an information room idea... I don't know how you would make it teleport you back to where you were when you are done... Maybe you can get event ID to save it in a variable on each transfer event of every map, but that would obviously take up a lot of time and care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlin