SmithyGCN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Mods, plug-ins, whatever you want to call them. I've seen updates to the engine on this forum, but i don't know how to get or implement them. Any help would be appreciated.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
omg its the legendary SmithyGCN whose contributions to the spriter's resource i have rejoiced over as a kid learning pixel art over a decade ago, that name sends a wave of nostalgia that travels through every cell of my body

uhm back on topic though, I only really know of one mod for legal 2003, and that's the Maniacs patch. It's a very thorough patch that adds a tooon of new functionality to the engine, a lot of it being really mindblowing stuff that I didn't expect to see, such as a command that functions exactly like a Show Picture, but it generates the picture in real time based on a systemset + text input. It does allow text codes as well. That means you can create complex evented menus and whatnot REALLY fast and even custom message boxes super easy, too.

I don't know if you remember any old custom battle systems on previous iterations of rm2k/3, but open up any CBS from before 2010 and you'll find hundreds, or maybe thousands of lines, for a simple damage popup. With the show picture command, you can show your damage popup with a fancy animation even in like 5 lines.

It's a phenomenal mod and it does so much, and it's 100% EULA compliant and legal. Use google translate to translate the readme -- thankfully, the patch exists in English as well as Japanese and the English used within the engine is actually really good and clear, so once you get the patch running it's super easy to use.

SmithyGCN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Cool, cool. Also, nice to know someone recognizes me, though I'd rather not be remembered for my sprite rips. XD Anyway, where is this patch found and how do I apply it?

EDIT: Never mind. Just noticed the link there.

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
What does CBS mean?

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
custom battle system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KRinlock