RPG Maker 2003 (new version) (DELETE THIS, REVOLVED THE ISSUE MYSELF)

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by J9_2R, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J9_2R

J9_2R Mostly A Chiptune Composer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    So, I just now bought RPG Maker 2003 1.12 version (the latest version), and upon loading it, it brings up this:

[​IMG]
    My internet is on, everything on my computer connects to the internet just fine. So I'm not sure what is causing this.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, thinking maybe the first installation didn't work, but nope, it just won't work. So what gives? Did I really just spend $20 for nothing?

UPDATE 1: I've tried multiple options in the Activation Issues thread started by the admin, I disabled my firewall, I disabled all the security services, I rebooted my internet, and I restarted the computer, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled it. Nothing has changed.

UPDATE 2: To clarify some information, I bought this from RPGMakerWeb.com and not from Steam, in case that might have something to do with it, which if it does, then why the hell is it even buyable on this website it if cannot be used.

Real talk, if someone cannot come up with a solution to this problem, could someone hook me up with the pirated version, since according to a few people that message me, it seems everyone just pirates this nowadays. I mean, I've already bought it, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know a lot about the RM2k3 registration, but I think @Archeia might have an idea here.

3. J9_2R

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Probably not a good idea to message her, she's going through some stuff right now it seems.

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @J9_2R it's ok, can you try this method?

5. J9_2R

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Question... how do I access Manual Unlock UI? When I start up the program, it immediately goes to that error screen and nothing else. Nothing else opens, no other buttons, nothing.

UPDATE: I found out what the issue was, apparently I need to run it as ADMINISTRATOR in order for it to even function. That's cool... I guess.

Real talk, that's freaking stupid that I have to run this as ADMINISTRATOR in order for it to even work. That's really freaking dumb. I don't remember it ever needing to do that before.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
  6. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    window has this as a problem for a lot of softwares actually! Probs just your first encounter but I'm glad it worked for you!

7. Thanatos

Thanatos Crixus Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    When Rm2k / 2k3 were used on WindowsXP or earlier, this did not happen.
    Starting with Windows 7 (Or higher) is required to grant administrative privileges to generate the first project:
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Rpg Maker \ Projects

This is for any software that needs to create or modify files in locations outside the logged in user's folder.

You can easily fix this by reinstalling rpg maker in the user's folder, preferably under "My Documents".
    C: \ Users \ <You> \ Documents \ Rpg Maker

Projects:
    C: \ Users \ <You> \ Documents \ Rpg Maker \ Projects

8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.