Not open for further replies.

Dibur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I've waited years for this, just bought myself a copy on Steam! :)   The initial news reached me after I'd had quite a bit of rum, so I had to do a double-take to make sure this was real XD but lo and behold!!!

Raider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Nice! I got a bit nostalgic while reading this. Definitely good news :)

My favorite character from the RTP is Noah.

noah-2.png

I don't know exactly why I like him so much, I guess it's his mysterious, but also stylish appearance :D

Last edited by a moderator:

sriden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
One small step for Enterbrain, one giant leap for mankind. Hallelujah. Thanks to those who made this possible.

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is my favorite RTP character? Brenda of course, seriously who doesn't love a woodland character. She's got so serious bow skills.

Excited. Does anybody know where I can view the rtp stuff like monsters and characters for the game? I just want to look and admire them. lol

yamina-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
After this was initially brought up it had become quiet arround this topic again, leaving people to wonder... It's great to see that this project has been worked on and is now officially here =D

Which one of the RTP characters is your favorite and why?

If it's from any of the RTPs, then that is easy enough to answer. This guy:
Screenshot_2015_04_25_13_19_45.png

Hunter01 from the XP RTP. I like the character design, because it's not to overcomplicated and fancy, but also not to simple to be boring. Also, it is very reasonable and practical. The colors of the clothes are "forresty"; meaning they'd blend in with the nature arrea better then bright ones would, allowing a hunter to do it's job propperly. =) On a similar note: The character has long hair, but has it pulled back in a ponytail in such a manner that it would not be in the way.

The character looks exactly like you'd imagin one of his class is supposed to look like. ^^

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I wasn't expecting this. I know very little about RPG Maker 2003...

Is there gonna be a trial version or demo or whatever?

This is really cool though. Thanks for this.

My favorite RTP character would probably be...

Evil-3.png

"Evil-3" from VX Ace.

In my RPG, he was a mysterious assassin who attempts to kill the main character, then after being defeated vows to serve him for sparing his life. He's got a really complicated character history though. Fights with dual daggers and shadow magic. I just like the mysterious cloaked character who's an ally. I did the same thing in XP, although he's quite a different character.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Nice, got this now, don't need to enter the giveaway.
Good luck to everyone!

Edit:
Did you know you can copy the text data of events to the clipboard, like this:

Code:
@> Text: Hello World@> Battle Processing: Normal, [Grassland 1]

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
from the VX Ace RTP is rick. He just looks like he know something you don't and is totally enjoying knowing more than you. He also kind o reminds me of myself.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have a question though, does rm2k3 use the same tile size as Ace? Or the same codeing language....could I use Ace style sprites in it?

lycheeDELETED

no longer around here, sorry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aaaw, after giving up all hope... it's finally here!

Oh, and my favorite RTP character:

Actor 3-2

actor3-2_zpsikjapp4a.png

Her name (according to Division Heaven) is Vera, but I named her Jo in one of my first game.

I don't exactly know what, but something's special about her.  :)

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RM2k3 tiles are 16x16 and the overall resolution is 320*240 (i think).

Also, the old Makers don't come with a build-in scripting language and the usual way to inject scripts, switching out harmony.dll and calling scripts disguised as sound effects, is likely illegal.

That said, RM2k3 allows to use variables as pointers for other variables, so you could say: Increase variable 1 by X, where X is the value of variable Y, where Y is the value of variable Z.

This allows for complex event systems and even fully functional combat systems without using scripts.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm with ya on that Sharm.  I've got a $20 credit waiting and I'm gonna use it for RM2003.  Gonna be awesome~

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My favorite RTP character would be Ralph since a port city changed its named to honor him after he saved it.  (see the attached image.  A larger resolution image is available if anyone wants one and so is one with out the sepia  tone.  Permission is also granted for those those want to use the image in any future project commercial or non-commercial as long as you credit me for the image.)

RPG MAKER DC2S2.PNG

My favorite Maker is currently Ace

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is just plain righteous. Nothing more can be said.

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[SIZE=12pt]Impeccable! RPG Maker 2003 is officially released in English and on Steam! I cannot wait to play it! :D Major thanks to Archeia and everyone else involved with the localization of this grand, classic title in the creative, legendary RPG Maker series that never fails to reinvent itself and present new, thrilling ideas and concepts within every new installment in the franchise![/SIZE]​
 ​
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FrAb4yf.png[/IMG]
 ​
[SIZE=12pt]As for the discussion of a favorite character from the RTP of any RPG Maker title, I chose the Male_thief, from RPG Maker VX Ace. This character in particular has an amazing design and presentation among the many other well-designed graphics of RPG MakerVX Ace as well. This character is categorized as an enemy in the RTP, however, the reason I chose this character as my favorite is because I see him with the capability of being a unique, interesting central character of an epic adventure tale. [/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=12pt]Almost any story, background, or event can be applied to and or center around this person’s character. For example, this character of mystery could be written as a skilled fighter who exists in thriving and prosperous yet chaotic and warring fantasy world. The catch is, the main character carries the burden of his own antagonistic past of sins of his own accord (murders, plundering villages, stealing, etc.), but one day, when fate presents itself to him in the form of a epic journey that includes meeting unforgettable friends, seeing vast, expansive and beautiful locations, battling fierce and strong foes, uncovering lost treasures, artifacts and relics, engaging in side-quests for friendly and compassionate civilians, facing an ultimate and evil rival and saving the world from all calamity and cataclysm, it appears that redemption will truly find him after all.  [/SIZE]​
 ​
[SIZE=12pt]Thanks again for localizing RPG Maker 2003. I really appreciate it. :D [/SIZE]​
 ​
 ​
- Tornado Samurai, A Samurai of Storms

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
The Ogre! For some weird reason, I think as first BIG encounter, he looks classy and epic enough and on any map where the sprite stand, in early levels it kind of makes the very first *GLUP* reaction. My second reason is that wanting him running to play with my PCs was a bit the start of what got me to be sent to that community. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon