Rules RPG Maker 2003 - Patch EULA

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
The EULA for patches for RPG Maker 2003 is finally available!

Please download it and take a look:

Click here to download

This EULA is in two parts - one section is for pack users and another for pack creators. Though patches that conform to the EULA are officially recognized and allowed, please note that patches are not officially supported. Therefore, you will not have access to our official technical support, and any support given via the official forums will be at the forum staff's discretion.

We still encourage you to communicate any technical issues with the pack creators and other pack users, as they might be able to assist you.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I<m reading it now but I don<t know if I am missing anything due to a strange text formatting;

For instance what is for me the 10th line; "(E 8WÁóXÿ€Xÿ€Xÿ€ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ^„Ð`„˜þÆÐ.^„8`„˜þÆ8.^„ `„˜þÆ .^„`„˜þÆ.^„p`„˜þÆp.^„Ø `„˜þÆØ .^„@ `„˜þÆ@ .^„¨ `„˜þƨ .^„`„˜þÆ.^„Ð`„˜þÆÐ.^„8`„˜þÆ8.^„ `„˜þÆ .^„`„˜þÆ.^„p`„˜þÆp.^„Ø `„˜þÆØ .^„@ `„˜þÆ@ .^„¨ "

Sorry about that! I know on your end it must read very well. :S

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So we are allowed to Reverse Engineer the program as long as we don't tell anyone about what we have learned?

Just wanna make sure I get it exactly right..

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So we can look at it to make ptaches? But not actually entirely directly edit the program?

That's fine by me ;)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I now remember why I love RPGMaker sets; when we expects great limitations, it is so fair and opening up to us. :D

But yeah... I verify and double verify before even doing sprite toutch-ups! ^^ Just to be sure!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
it's interesting enterbrain decide to offer so much liberty to the user for that one it's gonna change a little how will look rm2k3 games :o

Kamillo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
Great. Is this also for RM2000?

Millefeuille

Heart attack in black hair dye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Al Bhed
Primarily Uses
If it's a legally-binding agreement and makes no mention of RPG Maker 2000, then it wouldn't apply. These kinds of things are usually very rigid in the terms they lay out.. Try checking the English RM2000's EULA and see if it already makes any mention of this sort of stuff!

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
I hid a few posts in here because they were off-topic. If you'd like to talk about RPG Maker 2000, please feel free to make a new thread in Product Discussion.

This EULA is applicable to RPG Maker 2003 only. There will be a different EULA for RPG Maker 2000. :)

jay_are

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about the posts, I created my own thread for that.
Anyway, it would be good to have a list or a thread of all patches that are EULA accepted!

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
how do you install it? I found DynRPG. installed that, Now when I try and play it "Damaged RTP or not found" is shown

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
OOPSE!  Just been reminded about 2003's here and forgot about that EULA...  I bought it in the Steam Summer Sale!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whats EULA
End User Licence Agreement

The licence document that you have to accept when installing most software programs, and that you are legally bound to obey by accepting.

IndependentArt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Hello,
I've been working on a RM 2k3 game for a while and I've been using the inofficial version+DynRpg. because, the official version doesn't work with it, obviously. but of course I do own the offical steam version.

now, I'd like to release my game on steam greenlight or a least release a free demo of it. but of course I wanna make sure to be absolutely clear with that whole EULA stuff. some people told me I can do it and others that I can't. I also talked to Cherry, one of the guys who helped developing the official version and he told me that the case with this inofficial version is some kind of grey area. as for DynRpg which HE developed, he gave me permission to use it.
He suggested asking this question here and hopefully someone could give me a clear answer. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?
My gf got Addicted by making Momochi!
Meet Foochi the Buttout Ghost!
Concept > Uniqueness. Would love to see discussions and inspirations that has nothing to do with battle mechanics for once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helivard