RPG MAKER 2003: Trying to stop a move by destroying a target.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just decided to go back to this one dumb RPG game I was working on a while ago, and in one of the fights I noticed a problem.

There is this one boss that performs this one move where he charges off and if he is allowed to charge up, he automatically kills one of your guys. The way you are supposed to stop this is to destroy certain Target. But even if they destroy the target, he uses the move anyway. I even have the script act as soon as the target is destroyed, but he still uses it.

JorgeMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português - BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Everything you said sounds pretty abstract, but have you ever tried to simply create a new empty move route for this character? This will cause the last route to be erased from memory, I believe.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Everything you said sounds pretty abstract, but have you ever tried to simply create a new empty move route for this character? This will cause the last route to be erased from memory, I believe.
I don't think RPG Maker 2003 can do that. I just use switches.

simple image uploader

Here's my code.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't understand, who activates this switch?
Is it the enemy that has been defeated, what is on the map or a certain number of rounds?

Vou tentar deduzir o que você está tentando criar e replicar no Rm2k3.
For example, I created a BigBoss (Final boss) that consists of 3 enemies, namely:
  1. Right arm ( Target A )
  2. Left Arm ( Target B )
  3. Body ( Target C )
Wait for the image to load:

The right arm attacks, this one has more frequency.
The left arm performs attack spells less often.
The body resurrects and performs defense spells.

The spell "Destroy" or in your case "divine hand" must be performed by the left arm and not the body, even though it is more of an instantaneous effect than an attack spell.

I was inspired by a Chrono Trigger boss.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't understand, who activates this switch?
Is it the enemy that has been defeated, what is on the map or a certain number of rounds?

Vou tentar deduzir o que você está tentando criar e replicar no Rm2k3.
For example, I created a BigBoss (Final boss) that consists of 3 enemies, namely:
  1. Right arm ( Target A )
  2. Left Arm ( Target B )
  3. Body ( Target C )
Wait for the image to load:

The right arm attacks, this one has more frequency.
The left arm performs attack spells less often.
The body resurrects and performs defense spells.

The spell "Destroy" or in your case "divine hand" must be performed by the left arm and not the body, even though it is more of an instantaneous effect than an attack spell.

I was inspired by a Chrono Trigger boss.

The problem that I have with setting the attack to the Arm is that I don't want the Arm and the boss itself to attack at the same time.

Also, is there a problem with calling the attack "Godhand?" I've actually gotten criticized for it before.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably because the thing loads up an action to perform at the start of the turn, while the target gets removed in the middle of the turn, and it doesn't update behaviour until the start of next turn. So it'll need to be handled with an event, not through enemy behaviour.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm sorry but I still don't understand when the Switch is turned on.
Really the turn system is something standard of the Rm2k3 battle system, I don't remember if there is a way to disable it.
I made a simulation of your system and it worked like this:
Rm2k-Hand_of_Greevo.gif

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.
I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
Synchronizing bust and sprite expressions! Plus using a phone behaviour :kaopride:
BVadZby.gif

Long gif tho, let it load first :kaoswt2:
Wondering how to force a Save State in VNMaker with a name and how to call it with a scene event in order to double check if this Save State exists or not. Phew... Leaving breadcrumbs for chapter DLCs to pickup would be more than half the fight in order to finish this visual novel :LZSsad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridge_tim